printing address merge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues

coolersare -> printing address merge (3/26/2009 12:11:51 PM)

I merged a comma del. file into address merge. When I pull up the file, I can see the information and everything is correct but when I go to print my postcards and hit the mail merge button, I click on the file and no address come up. HELP!!!!!

Brandy redux -> RE: printing address merge (3/26/2009 12:45:31 PM)

Hi coolersare,

Please click on this link

Mail Merge: Print different names on labels, name tags & postcards

to review the instructions for merging names and addresses for a Print Shop project.

Based on your explanation of your problem, it sounds to me like what you are saying is that after you

1. Click File and select Print
2. Click the Merge Names button
3. Click on File and Select Open
4. Double-click on the name of the address book file to be merged

the names from the selected address book file do not appear in the Merge Names window.

If that is actually what is happening, you will need to open the Address Book you are trying to merge. And, after you open that Address Book, you will need to make sure that there is data in the 'First' and 'Last' name fields of the 'Primary' tab. And, that is because it is not possible to perform a mail merge when there is no data in the 'First' and 'Last' name fields of the 'Primary' tab.

If the problem you are experiencing is different from what I described above, please post back and provide a more detailed explanation of your problem.

coolersare -> RE: printing address merge (3/30/2009 6:02:02 AM)

Thank you all for your help. I have successfully completed the project

Brandy redux -> RE: printing address merge (3/30/2009 11:08:56 AM)

You Are Very Welcome coolersare,

And, Thank You Very Much for posting back to let us know that your problem is solved.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4