CD Trouble (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Monopoly

cessnac182golf -> CD Trouble (4/13/2009 8:29:31 PM)

Howdy! I purchased and loaded this game last week and it has run fine several times but now it will not run stating to insert the original CD and not a backup. I am using the CD that came with the game. Tried removing the program and re-installing it... still same error msg. Windows did update this weekend but I tried system restore and took my PC back to a time before the updates and it still says that IM not using the orig. CD HELP! Thanks! Tim
System : Windows Vista premium Quad core extreme 3.0 Nvidia 8800GT (s) but not running SLI.

Brandy redux -> RE: CD Trouble (4/13/2009 10:20:32 PM)

Hi cessnac182golf,

There are several versions of Monopoly, many of which were not designed to work on Vista. And, if you are using one of those versions, there may be nothing that you can do to solve your problem - because if your version of Monopoly was not designed to run on Vista, it is very likely that it is not completely compatible with Vista. And, in that case, it wouldn't take much to bring it down. So, the first thing you should do is to check the Minimum System Requirements for your version of Monopoly to see if Vista is listed there.

If Vista is listed in the Minimum System Requirements for your version of Monopoly, you might be able to solve your problem by doing this:

A. Click on this link

Updating Video Card Driver: 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac OS X 10.4.0 and later

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your video card driver.

B. Click on this link

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly & Safely

then follow the directions in that FAQ

To make sure that all remnants of the program have been removed, it is VERY important to follow ALL directions in that FAQ for searching the hard drive. It is also VERY important to keep in mind that the registry should NOT be edited manually to remove remnants of the program. Instead, the registry should be cleaned ONLY by performing Step #4 in the "Computer Cleanup on WinXP & WinVista" FAQ recommended below.

C. Click on this link

Computer Cleanup on WinXP, WinVista & Win7

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a computer cleanup.

To make sure that all problems have been found, it is VERY important to perform ALL 7 steps. It is also very important to NOT perform any procedures that are not recommended in this FAQ.

D. Click on this link

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

then follow the directions in that FAQ.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4