printing business cards on heavy cotton paper (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues

cat -> printing business cards on heavy cotton paper (6/28/2009 9:51:52 AM)

am trying to print business cards with southworth business card paper ( heavy cotton). print preview is as it should be, but when using the southworth paper the printing starts at the upper edge instead of inset to card. I realigned with printer window and it still would not print ok. If I use a plain sheet of paper the margins are correct, but when I put the southeorth paper in there is no margin at the top of the paper, all othe margins are correct.

Brandy redux -> RE: printing business cards on heavy cotton paper (6/28/2009 11:05:01 AM)

Hi cat,

Based on your explanation of your problem, it seems obvious to me that the problem is being caused by the way the printer is feeding the paper through the paper feed. Since you made the point that you are using heavy cotton paper, the first thing I would recommend is that you check the Paper Type options in your printer's Properties to see if there is an option for Heavyweight paper. If you find such an option, be sure to select that option before attempting to print the business cards with the southworth paper.

ellengard -> RE: printing business cards on heavy cotton paper (6/28/2009 10:04:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cat
...If I use a plain sheet of paper the margins are correct, but when I put the southworth paper in there is no margin at the top of the paper, all other margins are correct.

When selecting a media type in the printer setup, you are setting how the printer handles the thickness of the paper (how it feeds through the printer).

Your printer is having trouble grabbing the leading edge of your heavy cotton paper, so the paper "gets a late start" going through and that's why the printing appears too close to the leading edge.

Along with selecting the most appropriate paper setting, you may have to give a little push on the paper as soon as the printer starts to feed it through - give your printer a helping hand so to speak.

Brandy redux -> RE: printing business cards on heavy cotton paper (6/28/2009 10:32:01 PM)

quote:

You may have to give your printer a helping hand, so to speak.

Great Point ellengard,[;)]

I sometimes have to do that when printing greeting cards on heavy cardstock.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4