Problem opening PS 20 projects in PS 23 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

pamie418 -> Problem opening PS 20 projects in PS 23 (7/29/2009 6:13:16 PM)

After upgrading to Printshop 23 deluxe from Printshop 20 deluxe my saved (hcr) half fold card projects are opening distorded, in landscape instead of portrait and or blank. I unistalled and reinstalled and still have the same problem. I can create new half cards and have no problems but I would like to print out my old saved half fold cards. This only happens with the (hcr) half fold cards. Can anyone tell me why this happened? The trouble shooting directions available on the website is not helpful. I also contacted technical support which also was not helpful.

[image]local://upfiles/16974/7DD2F7F40A0B477FA48A9691F95D91A2.jpg[/image]

Brandy redux -> RE: Problem opening PS 20 projects in PS 23 (7/29/2009 6:32:36 PM)

Hi pamie148,

I am very sorry to have to tell you this; but, there is no easy fix for the problem you are experiencing.

Sometimes the problem is being caused by the fact that the original card was created with a Custom Paper that had been created in the Custom Paper Wizard. And, when that happens, the problem can *sometimes* be fixed by creating another Custom Paper to match the original project.

However, sometimes the problem is being caused by the fact that the programming in the newer version of Print Shop is enough different from the programming in the older version of Print Shop that the newer version of Print Shop cannot properly convert the project that was created with the older version of Print Shop. And, when that happens, I'm afraid the only option is to manually reformat the project.

HOWEVER, if you still have the Print Shop 20 disks, you could reinstall Print Shop 20 then open and print the projects from Print Shop 20. But, if you choose to reinstall Print Shop 20, you will want to be sure to NOT install it in the same folder with Print Shop 23.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4