Can't print "spouse Name" on a label (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues

crosty62 -> Can't print "spouse Name" on a label (8/25/2009 2:01:12 PM)

Why are not all Address fields selectable for printing. I'm trying to print "spouse Name" on a label but it is not selectable from the list.

Brandy redux -> RE: Can't print "spouse Name" on a label (8/25/2009 2:14:20 PM)

Hi crosty62,

Unfortunately, only the Print Shop Development Team knows why all Address Fields are not selectable for a mail merge.

Since the "spouse name" field has never been a selectable Address Merge Field in any version of Print Shop, the decision to not include that "spouse name" field as a selectable Address Merge Field was made MANY years ago.

As a workaround for the missing "spouse name" Address Merge Field, creating a Custom Field has always worked quite well for me when I want to create a mail merge project.

I will, for example, type the ENTIRE name that I want to use for that mail merge project into a field that is not yet used for anything else - such as the Organization field. Then, when I create the Mail Merge project, I will select the 'Organization' field for the first line of the address - INSTEAD OF the 'First Name' and 'Last Name' fields.

The only drawback, of course, is that the entire name that I want to use for the mail merge project will have to be typed into the Organization field for every name in the Address Book that will be included in the mail merge project.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4