HoyleCardGames.exe has stopped working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2008

bsj1942@hotmail.com -> HoyleCardGames.exe has stopped working (10/5/2009 6:58:15 AM)

When I try to open my hoyle card games, I get the following message. "HoyleCardGames.exe has stopped working" Please advise as to how I can fix this problem. Thank you.

Brandy redux -> RE: HoyleCardGames.exe has stopped working (10/5/2009 10:37:18 AM)

Hi,

That error message usually means that the program has become corrupt in some way. And, when that happens, the only thing that can be done is to uninstall and reinstall the program. However, to make sure the problem doesn't happen again, it would be a good idea to also perform a computer cleanup.

First, however, you'll want to restart the computer then try Hoyle Card Games 2008 again. Then, if you still get the same error, you'll want to back up your personal Hoyle Card Games 2008 settings by copying the Hoyle folders here

For WinXP:

C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\

For Vista:

C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming

Then, follow these directions:

A. Click on this link

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly & Safely

then follow the directions in that FAQ

To make sure that all remnants of the program have been removed, it is VERY important to follow ALL directions in that FAQ for searching the hard drive. It is also VERY important to keep in mind that the registry should NOT be edited manually to remove remnants of the program. Instead, the registry should be cleaned ONLY by performing Step #4 in the "Computer Cleanup on WinXP & WinVista" FAQ recommended below.

B. Click on this link

Computer Cleanup on WinXP, WinVista & Win7

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a computer cleanup.

To make sure that all problems have been found, it is VERY important to perform ALL 7 steps. It is also very important to NOT perform any procedures that are not recommended in this FAQ.

C. Click on this link

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

then follow the directions in that FAQ.

D. Copy the Hoyle folders back to the same folder where you copied them from.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4