Export Address Book info to MS Excel Spreadsheet (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

purpleowl -> Export Address Book info to MS Excel Spreadsheet (11/2/2009 2:08:29 PM)

I need to prepare reports of Address Book (UMM) information in Excel Spreadsheets to submit via email to another organization. Does anyone know if/how this can be done? The standard "Spreadsheet" format report that is done in Address Book is useless, as it can't be saved, manipulated, exceed 10 columns, etc.

HELP[>:]

ellengard -> RE: Export Address Book info to MS Excel Spreadsheet (11/2/2009 4:11:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: purpleowl

I need to prepare reports of Address Book (UMM) information in Excel Spreadsheets...The standard "Spreadsheet" format report that is done in Address Book is useless, as it can't be saved, manipulated, exceed 10 columns, etc.

It's an Address Book for the purposes of mail merging - it's not like it's MS Access.

You can export all the data in the Address Book as a tab delimited file. Use Excel to import that file and then do your Excel thing. (Access is a better program for data manipulation and reporting.)

[image]local://upfiles/9017/C5FEE634D2DC45D6ACA048EE86AA948B.jpg[/image]

purpleowl -> RE: Export Address Book info to MS Excel Spreadsheet (11/11/2009 9:23:07 AM)

Thank you very much for your assistance. I'll try the tab delineated for this project and then consider changing to MS Access.

purpleowl -> RE: Export Address Book info to MS Excel Spreadsheet (11/11/2009 10:03:41 AM)

I followed your suggestion. It was quite simple, actually. Took about 30 seconds to get the spreadsheet I need.

Again, Thank you very much

ellengard -> RE: Export Address Book info to MS Excel Spreadsheet (11/11/2009 10:31:05 AM)

You're welcome!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4