Importing projects from CAC 6 into PM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import

white1933 -> Importing projects from CAC 6 into PM (11/9/2009 11:42:32 AM)

I am trying to import projects from my old American Greetings Creatacard6. When I select all, Printmaster encounters an entry of a project that is no longer in Creatacard6 and goes no further.
What do I do?
Paul

Brandy redux -> RE: Importing projects from CAC 6 into PM (11/9/2009 11:58:38 AM)

Hi white 1933,

If you are trying to import your CAC 6 projects into PrintMaster 2.0, that's not going to work - because PrintMaster 2.0 is not compatible with any earlier Broderbund version - including both CAC 6 and any other version of PrintMaster.

However, if you are trying to import your CAC 6 projects into PrintMaster 18, or an older version of PrintMaster, you should be able to do so - provided you are trying to import them into the Project Gallery and not into the Art Gallery.

If PrintMaster will import some CAC 6 projects but not all CAC 6 projects, my guess would be that there are some projects in CAC 6 which are not in the newer versions of PrintMaster. And, if that is truly the case, you will not be able to open those CAC 6 projects in PrintMaster.

For example, if you are trying to import a *.cft Craft Card project into PrintMaster, that's not going to work - because PrintMaster is not designed to do *.cft Craft Cards.

The quickest way to determine which CAC 6 projects can be imported into PrintMaster would be to do this:

1. Open the PrintMaster Project Gallery.

2. Select 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Open' in the menu that drops down.

3. When the 'Open Project From Disk' window opens, click on the down arrow next to the 'Files of Type' box.

4. The menu that pops up will list the file types and extensions of the files that can be imported into PrintMaster. Any CAC 6 file extensions that are not in that list cannot be imported into PrintMaster.

white1933 -> RE: Importing projects from CAC 6 into PM (11/10/2009 9:14:31 AM)

Thank you for your time and answer. It did work for me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4