Uninstalling Calendar Creator 9 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

drdetwil7 -> Uninstalling Calendar Creator 9 (11/16/2009 11:54:12 AM)

I just purchased and received Calendar Creator 12 Deluxe. I currently have Calendar Creator 9 installed on my PC. When I attempt remove Calendar Creator 9 using the Add/Remove Programs applet I get the message "This program is already installed." "You must uninstall using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panle before installing." The Instll Shiled Wizard is truing "install" the program" instead of "uninstalling" the program. I don't know why. CC12will not install until CC9 is removed so I am stuck. Has anyone seen this problem, and is there a solution to it? Thanks.

Brandy redux -> RE: Uninstalling Calendar Creator 9 (11/16/2009 12:16:55 PM)

Hi drdetwil7,

When a program will not uninstall by way of Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel, the only option would be to perform a manual uninstall, as described in Steps 2 & 3 of this FAQ

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly & Safely

However, as can be seen in that FAQ, the first thing that must be done before attempting to either install or uninstall any program is to first make sure that you are logging onto the computer with Administrator Rights and NOT with a Limited User Account. If you find that you have been attempting to uninstall Calendar Creator 9 while logged onto the computer with a Limited User Account, log onto the computer with a Computer Administrator account then try to uninstall Calendar Creator 9 again by way of Add or Remove Programs.

drdetwil7 -> RE: Uninstalling Calendar Creator 9 (11/16/2009 12:29:37 PM)

Thanks for the information Brandy. My account is and Administrator account so that is not the problem. I will give this manual uninstall a try and see what happens.

drdetwil7 -> RE: Uninstalling Calendar Creator 9 (11/16/2009 1:18:16 PM)

That took care of the problem and I was able to install CC12. Thanks again for your help.

Brandy redux -> RE: Uninstalling Calendar Creator 9 (11/16/2009 1:19:16 PM)

Great News drdetwil7,[:D]

And, Thank You Very Much for letting me know that my advice helped.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4