Complete 'Custom' Install after 'Typical' Was Chosen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips

Brandy redux -> Complete 'Custom' Install after 'Typical' Was Chosen (12/20/2009 8:23:41 PM)

Problem

I selected the 'Typical' install option when I installed the program from the "Install" CD. What is the Program CD for?

Solution

Complete 'Custom' Install after 'Typical' Was Chosen

The 'Typical' install option does not install the projects and images from either the Program CD or the Art CDs. So, Print Shop requires the Program CD and Art CDs to be inserted after selecting Projects or Art images which are installed only on the Program CD and Art CDs. The following procedure describes how to install this content to the hard drive so that the discs are no longer necessary when selecting art or projects.

NOTE: The DVD version of The Print Shop® cannot be fully installed. The procedure that follows will install additional program components, however, which will reduce prompts to insert the disc.

Complete these steps:

1. Close all programs and windows to return to the desktop.
2. Insert the Install disc into the proper drive.
3. For WinXP, click on 'Start' then double-click 'My Computer' (or hover the mouse pointer over 'My Computer' until the list of drives drops down).
4. For Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on 'Start' then double-click 'Computer' (or hover the mouse over 'Computer' until the list of drives drops down)
4. Right-click the drive containing the Print Shop® Install disc, then select 'Open' from the menu that appears.
5. Double-click the 'Setup' folder.
6. Double-click the 'SETUP.EXE' or 'Setup' file to begin the installation.
7. Click 'Next' in the window that appears.
8. Select 'Modify' from the list of available options, then click 'Next'.
9. For any option which has a round CD image in front of that option, click on the down arrow next to that option, then select "This feature, and all its subfeatures, will be installed on the local hard drive." (as is displayed in the image below).
[image]local://upfiles/8/FD6F32A3508743229624B480D0729D6D.jpg[/image]

This will cause the round CD image to be changed to a rectangular hard drive image.
10. Repeat Step 9 for each component which displays a round CD image.
11. When all of the round CD images have been replaced with rectangular hard drive images, click 'Next'.
12. Click 'Install' to continue the installation.
13. For the CD version, when prompted to insert another CD, remove the current disc from the CD-ROM drive and insert the requested CD.
14. Allow sufficient time for the drive to read the disc then click 'OK' to continue.
15. When the message appears indicating that the installation is complete, click 'Finish' to exit the installation.
16. Remove the disc then launch The Print Shop®.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4