save game problem for Risk PC by Hasbro (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Risk

Steiermark -> save game problem for Risk PC by Hasbro (12/30/2009 2:13:15 AM)

Whenever I wish to save a game of Risk, I find that I cannot do so because "keith 1" has occupied all the available slots. "keith 1" saved all his games under the same name, and I do not know how to clear them out. This was a flaw in the original software.

I know that there is a fix for this because Hasbro Interactive's tech support addressed this over the phone with me about 12 years ago. However, the fix must be done again for every new installation, and I have long since forgotten how.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Brandy redux -> RE: save game problem for Risk PC by Hasbro"keith 1" (12/30/2009 11:07:13 AM)

Sorry Steiermark,

Since Risk is such an old game and since I have never played Risk, I'm afraid I don't have any thoughts about how to work around your problem.

Steiermark -> RE: save game problem for Risk PC by Hasbro (12/30/2009 3:10:52 PM)

Thank you, Brandy - I meanwhile figured out what to Google and found the solution at

save game problem for Risk PC by Hasbro

Basically you need to go on your own hard drive to the folder:

c:\Program Files\Risk\SaveGame

Don't actually enter the folder, but right-click it to enter Properties and then under Attributes un-check Read-Only. Then click Apply and OK. That's it!

One caveat - don't attempt to do this operation on the CD itself. It won't work. You can only do it on your own hard drive.

Best wishes everyone!

Brandy redux -> RE: save game problem for Risk PC by Hasbro (12/30/2009 3:42:13 PM)

Thanks for the update Steiermark,

I have pinned this discussion to the top of the forum so that it will always be available to everyone.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4