PM 2.0: Greeting Card Wizard & 1/4-fold cards (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 General Functionality

fredah -> PM 2.0: Greeting Card Wizard & 1/4-fold cards (1/13/2010 5:35:51 PM)

Instructions for creating a greeting card indicated that the "Greeting Card Wizard" would open, "click next". It just isn't here. I've installed Platinum 2.0 twice in case I missed something the first time. I chose Full Installation. I didn't load the two art DVDs...there was no option to insert them and I don't want them anyway...I use my own photos. I'm going to need a wizard to translate the suggestions for creating a 1/4 fold card. I've gone over everything very thoroughly before submitting this post. Other topics wouldn't allow me to reply..."this thread is locked." Hope someone can help.

Brandy redux -> RE: PM 2.0: Greeting Card Wizard & 1/4-fold cards (1/13/2010 6:11:02 PM)

Hi fredah,

To access the Greeting Card Wizard, you would either 1) select 'Share Project' in the menubar at the top of the screen, then select 'Greeting Card' in the menu that drops down OR 2) click on the 'Share Project' option in the toolbar on the left side of the screen, then click on the 'Greeting Card' icon.

The only purpose of the Greeting Card Wizard is to allow you to turn your project pages into a traditional greeting card for sharing with friends or family members. As can be seen in the Greeting Card Wizard, "You may use up to 3 pages in your card and then, through our online service, have it mailed to friends or family members. You can also make it into a boxed set and send them out yourself."

With regard to your comment about the topics that would not allow you to reply because "this thread is locked," threads are locked when they are considered to be closed. The only time a user should post a reply is when that user wants to suggest a solution for the subject being discussed. Whenever a user wants to ask a new question, that question should be asked only by starting a new discussion.

Please see this FAQ

"New Post" vs "Post Reply"

for more information about that.

With regard to where you said, "I'm going to need a wizard to translate the suggestions for creating a 1/4 fold card," you're going to need a lot more than a wizard - because PrintMaster 2.0 is not designed to create 1/4 fold cards.

As can be seen in this message

PM 2.0: How do I print a 1/4 fold card project?

there are no 1/4 fold card templates in PrintMaster 2.0. So, the only way to make a 1/4 fold card would be to start a blank 8.5 x 11 project and divide the page into four quadrants, with each quadrant representing a page in your card.

lindarobin -> RE: PM 2.0: 1/4-fold cards (1/13/2010 9:06:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fredah
... suggestions for creating a 1/4 fold card.

Although there are no templates for quarter-fold cards in 2.0, you can use this visual aid in making your own.

[image]local://upfiles/72/52A331D385504BA9B07C4D87E5625556.gif[/image]

Brandy redux -> RE: PM 2.0: 1/4-fold cards (9/10/2011 4:43:19 PM)

The PM 2.0.3.274 patch, which is referenced here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=43251

will install One 'Quarter Fold Blank Template', which can be selected by doing this:

1. When PM 2.0 opens, select 'Create from a 'Ready-Made Template'.

2. When the 'Select a Project Template' window opens, click on the + next to 'Greeting Cards' (for Mac click on the arrow).

3. When the 'Greeting Cards' menu drops down, click on 'Blank_Card_Templates'.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.611328E-02