transparent background wanted (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

gregoryas -> transparent background wanted (2/24/2010 3:45:17 PM)

I edited a photo in Photoshop and used the magic eraser to remove the background. When I bring it into Printshop the parts I removed show up as a white block. Am I doing something wrong?
Greg

ellengard -> RE: Import photo with transparency into Printshop Deluxe v22 (2/24/2010 9:24:22 PM)

Are we talking about a JPG file? JPGs do not have transparent areas so anything "erased" shows up as white. GIF format can have transparent areas, however this format which can only contain 256 colors, is not optimal for photos.

PNG format is best for images with transparent and semi-transparent areas, but unfortunately, PNG format is not supported in PS 22 and 23. The transparent areas show up as white or black.

A solution to your problem is to go back to PhotoShop and layer the photo over the desired background (the same background you plan to use in Print Shop). Erase parts of the photo so you can see the background appear underneath. Flatten and save as JPG. This JPG then should blend in seamlessly when added to your PS project. Depending on the complexity of your background, this could be quite tricky.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.757813E-02