Strange Start/End times after Upgrade from CC V2 to CC V12 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

MichaelH -> Strange Start/End times after Upgrade from CC V2 to CC V12 (3/12/2010 12:27:51 PM)

Hi

i recently upgraded from CC V2 (WIndows XP) to CC V12 (on Windows 7), and imported my CC V2 calendars, and each of the recurring events now looks as follows in the calendar:

12:00 AM -11:59PM Water plants

Most of my events don't need times, and I dont want to display such times. I managed to follow one of the posts on this forum to turn off times for events, but they come back when i next log in to CC, and i some of my events do require times.

I dont want to have to go to every event in my calendar and reset the time. Does anyone know if there is a global setting which i can use to permanently delete such times?

Thanks for your help
Michael

Brandy redux -> RE: Strange Start/End times after Upgrade from CC V2 to CC V12 (3/12/2010 8:02:56 PM)

Hi Michael,

Since you upgraded from CC V2 to CC V12, that would have to mean that you upgraded from CCE files to BCC files. So, the #1 point you will want to keep in mind is that when you finally achieve the desired goal with any events list you create in CC V 12 with an events list that was upgraded from CC V2, you will want to be sure to save the resulting BCC file so that you 1) can import the events from that BCC file into future calendars and 2) you won't have to repeat the upgrade from CCE files to BCC files.

Unlike the multiple events lists which are created by CC V2, all events lists in a calendar collection are saved as a single events list in the BCC file. And, the events in that BCC file can be imported into any other BCC file.

As to your question about a global setting which will turn off times for events, this is what I normally recommend:

1. Right click on a blank day cell, then select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the 'Layout Object Properties' window opens, click on the 'Miscellaneous' tab.

3. On the 'Miscellaenous' tab, click in the box next to 'Show Start Time' and 'Show End Time' - to remove the checkmarks from the boxes.

However, this global setting will be applied to only the one calendar collection. If you want to turn off the times for events for other calendar collections, you will have to repeat the process for each calendar collection.

And, you will always have to keep in mind that, when this global setting is applied, you will NOT be able to display Start Times and End Times for any event.

One alternative would be to do this:

1. Select 'Events' in the 'File' menu, then select 'Categories' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the 'Categories' window opens, click on one Category which can be assigned to those events for which you want to display Start Times and End Times.

3. Click on the 'Event Properties' button.

4. When the Properties window opens, if you see a check mark in the box next to 'No Time', click in that box to remove the checkmark.

5. Click in the boxes next to 'Show Start Time' and 'Show End Time' to place check marks in those boxes.

6. Click on 'OK' to return to the 'Categories' window.

7. When you are back at the 'Categories' window, click on any Category other than the Category you selected in Step 2 above.

8. Click on the 'Event Properties' window.

9. When the Properties window opens, make sure that there is a check mark in the box next to 'No Time' and there are no check marks in the boxes next to 'Show Start Time' and 'Show End Time'.

10. Click on 'OK' to return to the 'Categories' window.

11. Repeat the process for all other categories to make sure that there is a check mark in the box next to 'No Time' and that there are no check marks in the boxes next to 'Show Start Time' and 'Show End Time'.

12. Open each of the events for which you want to display Start Times and End Times and change the category for each of those events match the Category you selected in Step 2.

The only drawback to this suggestion is that if you have more events for which you want to display times than events for which you do not want to display times, it would be far quicker to just open the events for which you do not want to display time then remove the time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4