8 x 10 booklet/program (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

elc626 -> 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/4/2010 6:32:13 PM)

Hi-I am using The Print Shop Pro Publisher 23 and I am trying to make a booklet/program with each page being approximately 8x10 (magazine size) that I will have professionally printed. When I use the booklet template it makes the pages approximately 5x7

Is there any way of doing this?

ellengard -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/4/2010 8:45:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elc626
... I am trying to make a booklet/program with each page being approximately 8x10 (magazine size) that I will have professionally printed.

This requires a paper size of 10x16, if you are doing a booklet project. Your printer settings may not allow that large a paper size, so set your printer to the PDF printer.

Please note that 10x16 is not a standard size paper. Most stores carry 11x17, so you may want to design for 11x17 instead.

If you plan to send a PDF for professional printing, please be aware that Print Shop files when converted to PDF, the text becomes part of a large image.

If it is important that the fonts be embedded into the PDF so that the text is very sharp, please post back for special instructions.

elc626 -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/5/2010 6:22:45 AM)

Thank you so much for your help Ellen!

I am sending it out to be professionally printed. Currently the booklet is made on the standard 8x12 size, how do I change it to 11x17 before saving it as a PDF.

I would be grateful to you for special instructions on how to embed the fonts into the PDF.

Thank you again!!

ellengard -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/5/2010 10:13:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elc626
... Currently the booklet is made on the standard 8x12 size, how do I change it to 11x17 before saving it as a PDF.

Are you in Europe? I am in North America so I was assuming North American standard paper sizes. You described what I think is A4 size. If you are in Europe, we will need to work with European standard sizes and perhaps also in cm/mm.

elc626 -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/5/2010 12:09:55 PM)

No I am not in Europe. I am in the United States. So I understand that I need to get the booklet to 11x17. Unfortunately I just dont know how to do it.

ellengard -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/5/2010 4:31:41 PM)

Print Shop files always open in the size set by the default printer. So best thing is to change the defaults, otherwise every time you open your project, it will not be 11x17. When you have completed your project, you can reset your printer defaults.

Go to Control Panel | Printers and Faxes... change the default printer to PDF and then for that printer, change the printing preferences to tabloid, landscape. Your PDF printer may have different options - you may have to choose custom, then input the dimensions. (Some PDF drivers only take millimetres, so you'll have to make the necessary conversion.)

elc626 -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/5/2010 7:25:09 PM)

Thank you again for your help!! Its truly appreciated!

Do you have those special instructions to embed the fonts into the PDF so that the text is sharp?

ellengard -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/5/2010 7:59:58 PM)

Since Print Shop files can't be converted to PDFs with embedded fonts, other programs are required. Discussion of other programs is outside the scope of this forum, so if you don't mind, we can continue this via e-mail.

Click the second link below to get my contact info.

elc626 -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/8/2010 9:49:29 AM)

I will email you soon! Thank you again for all your help!

ellengard -> RE: 8 x 10 booklet/program (5/8/2010 6:22:43 PM)

It couldn't hurt to phone around to different local printing stores to see who has Print Shop installed. Then it would be simple to just get your Print Shop file printed*.

If no luck in that department, you'll have to create a PDF or transfer your content to a "standard" office program such as MS Word.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4