Printing large posters/projects (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0

kennjohn -> Printing large posters/projects (6/16/2010 4:19:28 AM)

With previous versions of Print Shop we frequently used the feature to print to several pages to make large posters. How do I print to a larger size. For instance 36" x 48". I have searched and searched and cannot find the options to make this happen.

ellengard -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (6/16/2010 10:48:47 AM)

With the project tab open, under "Project Info", change the Paper Size to New/Edit (to create your new paper size) or select one of the poster sizes from the list.

When you go to print, your printer will use as many sheets as necessary to print the whole thing.

kennjohn -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (6/16/2010 1:13:57 PM)

I have tried this and it only prints the top left page. Am I missing something?

ellengard -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (6/16/2010 9:35:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kennjohn
... it only prints the top left page.

OK, I am coming up against the same problem except when I do a banner project. So the good news is, start with a banner project, then change the paper size. When you have completed your design, click the Print icon and choose Print Preview. A Paper Size Mismatch dialog box opens, allowing you to select "Print using as many sheets of paper as necessary." Click OK then if the preview looks good, click the Print icon in the Print Preview window.

rdbuch1231 -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (7/2/2010 9:54:04 AM)

No matter which option I chose in the Paper size diolog box , when I use a custom size larger than the size in the template the plotter .HP Design Jet 42 in with 42 in roll, only prints a corner which is one 8.5x11 on the wide sheet. Is my only option to return the product?

ellengard -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (7/2/2010 10:05:07 AM)

Try what I did - the banner project. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

ellengard -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (7/2/2010 10:40:38 AM)

I just thought of a work-around. Design your project in standard letter size and save it as a PDF. Print the PDF from Adobe Reader, but select to print it scaled to the size of paper you are using.

Use legal size project if the proportions are closer to the desired print size.

Walter62140 -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (7/18/2010 10:33:04 AM)

Ellengard, your recommendation worked for me. By starting with a blank banner project I was able to print out a custom size of 24"x30" using multiple sheets of 8.5 paper. Many thanks.[:D]

ellengard -> RE: Printing large posters/projects (7/18/2010 1:36:06 PM)

Thank you for posting, Walter62140! Getting your verification that this is a workable solution will help others needing poster size printing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4