Install requires Admin permissions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

sstenhjem -> Install requires Admin permissions (7/30/2010 12:34:48 PM)

I just installed Calendar Creator 12.1 Deluxe and when my end user is logged in it asks for administrative credentials to run. Why is this. I do not want to elevate the users permissions just to run CC. Please help.

Brandy redux -> RE: Install requires Admin permissions (7/30/2010 1:12:06 PM)

Hi Shane,

The problem you are experiencing is due to the fact that Calendar Creator was designed before WinXP was released. All software programs which were designed before WinXP was released assume that all users will have access to all files and folders on the computer. After the Computer Administrator/Limited User accounts were introduced in WinXP, many software designers chose to not update the software to allow Limited User accounts to use the software. And, Calendar Creator is one of those software programs which was never updated to allow Limited User accounts to use the software.

So, if you are not willing to elevate the user's permissions, your only option would be to change the permissions for the Broderbund Software folders, which are normally found here

WinXP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Broderbund Software\Print

and

C:\Documents and Settings\[your-username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Broderbund Software\Print

WinVista/Win 7:

C:\Users\All Users\Broderbund Software\Print

and

C:\Users\[your-username]\AppData\Local\Broderbund Software\Print\

and

C:\ProgramData\Broderbund Software\Print

If you require additional information about how to change those permissions, please let me know.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4