Default Save folder for Print Shop projects (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips

Brandy redux -> Default Save folder for Print Shop projects (8/14/2010 1:22:13 PM)

In Win 95 and Win 98 and Win ME, Print Shop projects will be automatically saved in the \User00*\Projects folder.

In WinXP (and, possibly also in Win 2000), Print Shop projects for newer versions of Print Shop will be automatically saved in your My Documents folder.

In Windows Vista and Windows 7, Print Shop projects for newer versions of Print Shop will be automatically saved in your Documents folder.

It is not possible to change the default save folder. You can manually choose to save the Print Shop projects in any folder you choose. However, it is always a good idea to save the Print Shop projects in a folder which is a subfolder of your My Documents or Documents folder - because the first time a newly installed (or re-installed) version of Print Shop is opened (or after the Project Gallery has been rebuilt), Print Shop will look in the default save folder (and in the subfolders of that default save folder) for Print Shop project files. When saved projects are found, Print Shop will ask you if you want those projects to be imported into the Project Gallery.

One drawback to saving a Print Shop project in a folder that is not the default save folder is that if you should ever have to rebuild the Project Gallery files, or if you should ever have to reinstall Print Shop, your project files would not be automatically imported into the Project Gallery - because Print Shop would not see them. But, when/if that happens, you can manually import your projects into the Project Gallery.

Regardless of whether a Print Shop project is saved in the default save folder or in a folder which is not the default save folder, it is very important to keep in mind that Print Shop expects saved project files to always be in the same location where they were originally saved. So, if a Print Shop project is moved to another location after it is saved, it will not be possible to open that project from the Project Gallery - because Print Shop will not be able to find it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4