PM 2011: Installation tips (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 Tech Tips

Brandy redux -> PM 2011: Installation tips (9/4/2010 10:44:37 PM)

First of all, a 'clean' install should be performed, exactly as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

to prevent the possibility of the installation becoming corrupt.

If PrintMaster 2.0 is installed on your computer before you begin the installation of PrintMaster 2011, you will be advised to uninstall PrintMaster 2.0. However, since PrintMaster 2.0 and PrintMaster 2011 install into completely separate folders, it is not necessary to uninstall PrintMaster 2.0 before completing the installation of PrintMaster 2011. All you should have to do is to click in the box next to 'Uninstall PrintMaster 2.0' - to remove the check mark from that box. Then, proceed with the installation of PrintMaster 2011.

When the PrintMaster 2011 installation is complete, the last window which appears will contain an option which says 'Run PrintMaster 2011'. And, that option will be selected by default. If you click on the 'Finish' button while that option is selected, both PrintMaster 2011 and the Registration process will start at the same time. And, since the Registration window will open behind the PrintMaster 2011 window, you will have to wait for PrintMaster 2011 to start completely before you can access the Registration window. I have found that the quickest & easiest method for finishing the installation process is to click in the box next to 'Run PrintMaster 2011' - to remove the check mark from the box. Then, when I click on Finish', only the Registration process will start.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4