trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific

sumcsecretary -> trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (9/21/2010 10:31:14 AM)

Hello!

I've been having trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar when i print since we upgraded from version 10. We have 12 deluxe version now. I have played with the "fit event to description" option, zoomed the calendar down to 20% and played with the week's margins, etc. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Lauren

Brandy redux -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (9/21/2010 10:56:00 AM)

Hi Lauren,

Since there isn't all that much difference between CC 10 and CC 12, what worked for CC 10 should work in exactly the same manner for CC12.

The most important thing to keep in mind when trying to fit events into day cells is that the calendar margins around the edges of the paper must be as small as possible so that the calendar can be as large as possible. And, the quickest way to do that would be to do this:

1. Click on 'File' in the menubar then select 'Page Setup' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the Page Setup window opens, click on the 'Margins' tab.

3. On the Margins tab, set the 'Page Margins' to the smallest size that the printer will allow.

4. Then, set all 4 Calendar Frame settings to 0.00.

5. Then, I always remove everything that isn't needed from around the calendar (i.e. footer, task bar, etc.),

6. Then, if the entire calendar is not already set to 'Moveable', I will set it to moveable and stretch it out to fill the page as much as possible.

7. If the events still won't fit, I will click and drag the edges of certain day cells to make them larger.

Unfortunately, all of these tricks will not always achieve the desired results. Since I've never worked with an 11x17 monthly calendar, I'm not sure how many events will fit in one day cell. But, I do know that when an 8.5 x 11 monthly calendar is expanded to nearly fit the page, I can usually not fit more than 4 short events into one day cell.

WMG -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/14/2014 8:34:01 AM)

I, too, am having trouble fitting all the events on my calendar.
1. How do I tighten up the spacing between the events in each date box? (Looks like they are about 1.5 spacing?)
2. How do I print the overflow in a box?
3. How do I set the entire calendar to "moveable" so that I can stretch the margins out further?

DEJenc3 -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/14/2014 4:00:24 PM)

Here are some thoughts in addition to Brandy redux's suggestions in the earlier post:

The first thing you may want to do is to set the font for events to be as small as you can manage (I use 8pt). If you want to set the font for all events of a Category, go to Events, Categories, select the Category (e.g. General), and click Event Properties. There you can choose the font and the font size. You can experiment with a font like Arial Narrow, and see if that gives you more room for text.

To get as much as you can into a cell, right-click in a blank cell and choose Properties. In the Miscellaneous tab, see that the box is checked for Fit Event Cell Size to Description.

To set the entire grid as movable, you need to left click on the border. You can experiment by clicking on the dark line that surrounds the grid, and when you see little triangles at the corners, and squares along the middle of the lines, that means you can right-click and choose Set Movable.

I don't think I understand your point number 2, about printing the overflow in a box. If it concerns trying to display more text then you can fit into an event using other techniques, it may be that you'll have to compensate in other ways, such as displaying fewer weeks. You could also try another means to enter text, such as a Text Box, but that will not be tied to an event.

ellengard -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/14/2014 6:31:39 PM)

Here is a way to cram a lot of text into a date cell for printing:
Enter only one event for the date, but in the description, type in all the day's events in one paragraph.

The downside is that the program only sees one event for that day.

WMG -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/14/2014 10:57:52 PM)

Thank you. That was helpful. However, I still can't seem to get the list of events in a date cell to be "tighter" spacing line to line - it still appears to be 1.5 spaces between lines no matter what font I choose. Is there a way to adjust the line spacing for events listed?

DEJenc3 -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/15/2014 6:08:07 AM)

I see what you're describing. I don't believe there's a way to control that spacing ("leading?") in Calendar Creator, or at least I haven't found it. You might experiment with different fonts. Even at the same point size, they will behave differently in line spacing appearance. For example, I've found that Tahoma (Western) looks similar to Arial, but seems to pull lines closer together.

ellengard -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/15/2014 10:41:43 AM)

There is no option for changing line spacing. Line spacing is closer within a paragraph, but is wider between separate events. It's the reason I suggested a workaround of typing ALL the day's events into one paragraph.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/134B3BF6D04541F6ADC18B9AAC0D5448.jpg[/image]

DEJenc3 -> RE: trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar (1/15/2014 11:25:27 AM)

I should have added: In addition to changing fonts, you can force a smaller font size than the ones shown in the drop-down selection. For example, where Arial 8 pt may be the smallest size displayed, you can click in the font size box and replace 8 with 6, for example, and press Enter on the keyboard.

You can do this for individual events or Categories, though with Categories, it will not change the properties for previously-entered events, but only for new ones as they are entered.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (7/10/2015 6:58:03 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

among1 -> RE: [Deleted] (9/15/2023 7:22:45 AM)

This is a small part of my response to your excellent post. Not everyone can use interesting and distinctive elements in their document. I am very happy to play poppy playtime with you because I am very interested in them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4