importing google calendars into calendar creator (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import

dianarrow -> importing google calendars into calendar creator (11/6/2010 2:43:06 PM)

How do I import a google calendar into calendar creator?

Brandy redux -> RE: importing google calendars into calendar creator (11/6/2010 2:54:27 PM)

Hi dianarrow,

The only calendar items which can be imported into Calendar Creator are Events lists - either from Outlook or from *.cc5, *.bcc. *.csv or *.txt files.

Since *.cc5 and *.bcc files can be created only by the various versions of Calendar Creator, the only way that you could import a Google calendar into Calendar Creator would be if you could export the events from the Google calendar to either *.csv or *.txt format. And, as far as I can tell, that's not possible.

DEJenc3 -> RE: importing google calendars into calendar creator (11/6/2010 4:54:27 PM)

Hi, dianarrow,

Google calendars should be capable of exporting to the ical format used by Outlook. If you export to that format, there may be a way to convert the ical files into .csv, building on what Brandy said.

The Mozilla Lightning calendar can import ical and export to .csv, according to this FAQ:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/faq.html#INTERCHANGE.toc

There are probably also shareware converters out there.

I have never used either the Google or Lightning calendars, so I can't tell you from experience if or how well this would work.

If you want to import Google to Calendar Creator on a regular basis, this may not be practical. But for a one-time conversion, it may be worth an attempt. If it's easy, then it could be considered for routine imports.

Brandy redux -> RE: importing google calendars into calendar creator (11/6/2010 5:39:28 PM)

Very Good Points David,

The instructions for exporting Google calendars to *.ical format can be found here

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37111

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4