'File Not Found' error message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import

aohannes -> 'File Not Found' error message (11/9/2010 12:47:51 PM)

I have purchased 18.1 to replace 15 on my new Win7 computer. I have followed the instructions from an existing thread, that is, I have imported the projects from the old computer into 18.1 through the home network as well as creating a subfolder in My Documents and copying the the projects there.
When I open my projects, I see them listed, but when I click to open them, I get an error file not found. If I perform a directory search and locate the project, then it opens up.

What should I do to be able to open them from the directly ?

Thanks,

Brandy redux -> RE: 'File Not Found' error message (11/9/2010 4:19:17 PM)

Hi aohannes,

There are 2 possible explanations for the 'File Not Found' error message.

1. The file was moved after it was saved in PrintMaster.

Files should never be moved after they are saved in PrintMaster - because PrintMaster will not be able to find them. And, when that happens, the only option would be to either move the file back to the folder into which it was originally saved, or manually open the file by clicking on 'File' in the Project Gallery menu bar then selecting either 'Open From Disk' or 'Import' from the menu that drops down.

2. The Project Gallery files are corrupt.

If you did not move the file after it was saved in PrintMaster, that would indicate that the Project Gallery files have become corrupt. And, in that case, the recommended solution is to click on the link below

Error: Cannot Initialize Your Own Art or Projects Collection

then follow the directions in that pinned item for restoring the Project Gallery and Art Gallery files.

Brandy redux -> RE: 'File Not Found' error message (11/9/2010 5:15:36 PM)

Hi again aohannes,

After I thought about your problem for a while, I realized that it is very likely that you might have moved all of your Print Shop 15 project files to a subfolder in My Documents AFTER you imported all of them into PrintMaster 18.1. In that case, since several files are involved, the quickest fix for the problem would be the second fix that I recommended above - because, after all steps are followed in that fix, all imported projects will be removed from the Project Gallery. Then, the first time you open PrintMaster 18.1, all of your PrintMaster 15 files will be seen in the subfolder in My Documents, and you will be asked if you want to import them.

aohannes -> RE: 'File Not Found' error message (11/9/2010 7:26:07 PM)

That is correct, I will follow the second fix solution.

Thanks a lot,

aohannes -> RE: 'File Not Found' error message (11/9/2010 8:06:34 PM)

The second solution worked perfectly.

Thanks again,

Brandy redux -> RE: 'File Not Found' error message (11/9/2010 9:40:46 PM)

Wonderful News aohannes,[;)]

And, Thank You Very Much for letting me know that my advice helped.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4