PS 2.0: Overrides settings in Printing Preferences (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0

Brandy redux -> PS 2.0: Overrides settings in Printing Preferences (11/20/2010 11:42:25 PM)

As many long time Print Shop users know, in the PS 23.1 and earlier versions of Print Shop, ALL print jobs are ALWAYS controlled by the printer driver for the printer that is selected in Print Setup. So, changing the Paper Size setting in Printing Preferences/Properties for the selected printer is a quick method for changing the Paper Size of many Print Shop projects.

However, as is stated in the Print Shop 2.0 readme.txt file, "Print Shop 2.0 will override any orientation and paper size settings set by the user in the printer control panel. Orientation and paper size settings are strictly determined by the project file being sent to the printer."

So, what that means is that the desired Paper Size for the Print Shop 2.0 project must be selected in the Paper Size box of the Project tab on the left side of the PS 2.0 workspace.

As a test, I created a certificate with the Paper Size set to 'US Letter (8.5" x 11")' on the Project tab on the left side of the PS 2.0 workspace. Then, after I clicked on Print, I changed the Paper Size for the selected printer's Printing Preferences/Properties to 'Half-letter (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 in)'. The certificate printed perfectly at 8.5" x 11".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4