Can't print projects (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 Printing Specific Issues

Minn4cubs -> Can't print projects (5/15/2011 8:18:12 AM)

Tried to print a banner and then a certificate, same result: the printer takes in the paper and then just stops and won't print. I am able to print from Word and am totally frustrated. I had an older version of Printmaster that worked great on my old computer...

Brandy redux -> RE: Can't print projects (5/15/2011 11:41:29 AM)

Hi Minn4cubs,

The first thing which much always be kept in mind about printer problems is that some programs are more demanding than others. And, as a result, some printers are not compatible with all programs.

Any time a problem is experienced while trying to print a project, the first thing that should be done is to go to the printer manufacturer's web site to download and install the most current printer driver for both your Operating System and the version of your Operating System.

If you don't know which version you are using, go to Control Panel, select System, then look for something which says either '32-bit Operating System' or '64-bit Operating System'. If you are using Windows XP and you don't see anything about either 32-bits or 64-bits, that would indicate that you are using a 32-bit Operating System.

If you are using either Windows Vista or Window 7 and you find that the printer manufacturer's web site advises you to use the printer driver which is included with the Operating System and does not provide a downloadable printer driver for your Operating System, that would indicate that the printer driver which is included with the Operating System is not a full-featured printer driver. And, that would also indicate that your printer is not completely compatible with your Operating System.

Where you said this:

"I had an older version of Printmaster that worked great on my old computer..."

it is very important to keep in mind that PrintMaster 2.0 and PrintMaster 2011 are not true upgrades of any previous version of PrintMaster. Instead, PrintMaster 2.0 and PrintMaster 2011 are completely redesigned and rewritten products which work in an entirely different manner than all earlier versions of PrintMaster. And, PrintMaster 2.0 and PrintMaster 2011 cannot open any projects which were created with any previous version of PrintMaster.

If you purchased PrintMaster 2.0 or PrintMaster 2011 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from broderbund.com within the last 30 days, please click on this link

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

Minn4cubs -> RE: Can't print projects (5/17/2011 8:06:19 PM)

Thank you, I called tech support and it is a driver issue. The printer is to old and HP doesn't really support it any longer.

I shipped everything back to get the refund and tried to uninstall the program. Everything appears gone except for the shortcut on my desktop. I tried to delete that but get an error message "This is no longer located in C:\users\public\public desktop. Verify location and try again".

So now I am stuck with a shortcut icon that goes nowhere. :(

Brandy redux -> RE: Can't print projects (5/17/2011 8:14:34 PM)

Hi Minn4cubs,

Restart your computer. Then, if the shortcut is still on your desktop, try to delete it again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4