import csv format (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import

genemarz -> import csv format (10/13/2011 5:22:35 PM)

Is there a standard csv file format that I can use to modify to add a lot of people? We would like to make a family calendar with many people's brithdays. I'd like to enter name, with the @birthday function. I entered a couple manually into the program, and then did an export out to see the format, but it doesn't show the birth date.
Typing many names in in Excel and then saving as a csv will be much quicker.
Thanks!

Brandy redux -> RE: import csv format (10/13/2011 5:52:30 PM)

Hi genemarz,

The most important point to keep in mind about entering Birthdays into any Calendar Creator program is that it is &birthday - NOT @birthday.

And, in order for an &birthday entry to work, the Start Date must be the same date as the Birth date.

And, when *.csv files are imported into Calendar Creator, the description would contain the &birthday function - such as this:

John Doe's &birthday

DEJenc3 -> RE: import csv format (10/13/2011 6:21:29 PM)

I'll add a few suggestions to Brandy's advice:

First export a few events from Calendar Creator to a .csv file, and model your Excel file on that, having the proper category headings, and fields formatted as Calendar Creator uses them.

I believe all fields will need some data, so be sure you have text in "Category".

Don't overlook the Date Range during the import dialog, being sure that you have start and end dates that include the entire range of dates (start date will be the important one).

You could try 3 or 4 names in an Excel file, save it to .csv, and try to import it into a blank calendar and see how it goes. If that works, go ahead with your project in the calendar you want to use.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
2.929688E-02