CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality

tiggervr -> CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not (11/17/2011 7:02:05 AM)

I have used this program for years, but now I have Windows 7 64 bit and it will not install due to the 16bit issue. What I am really interested in is the Forget Me Not aspect of the program. Do you know if the AGREMIND,exe will work on Win 7? If not, can you point me to a program that will run on Windows 7 64 bit that does support the forget me not data files? I would really appreciate your help as I am really missing those reminders of special dates. Thanks!

Brandy redux -> RE: CAC 3 Gold: Forget-Me-Not (11/17/2011 1:07:30 PM)

Hi tiggervr,

I'm afraid you are pretty much out of luck.

Even though CAC 6 and CAC 8 offer the Agremind.exe file, it does not work for me on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

And, since CAC 6 and CAC 8 do not use the same Forget Me Not files as does CAC 3, the only way to use your CAC 3 data would be to export that data from CAC 3 as either a *.txt file or a *.csv file then import that data into CAC 6 or CAC 8. However, as far as I can tell, there is no way to export the data from CAC 3.

The best you can hope for would be to print the information from the Address Book then manually enter that data into another program which offers reminders. However, since the only program I use which offers Reminders is the Yahoo.com calendar (which actually sends emails as reminders), I am not familiar with any Broderbund/Encore software which offers Reminders that will always work on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

If you no longer have access to your old CAC 3 program, you could send your CAC 3 Forget Me Not files to me - FMNOT32.dat & FMNOT32.bak - then I could attempt to create a *.pdf, which I could send back to you for printing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4