Createacard 8 Accessing Online Content (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality

tp1180 -> Createacard 8 Accessing Online Content (12/2/2011 2:25:05 PM)

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything in the forums. A friend of mine has American Greetings Creatacard Gold 8 and it worked fine on her old computer, a Windows 98 platform. She recently got a new computer with Windows 7, but now she cannot access any of the online content. Is there a way to access it, or is this a permanent problem without a known fix? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Brandy redux -> RE: Createacard 8 Accessing Online Content (12/2/2011 3:11:19 PM)

Hi tp1180,

When I checked my CAC 8 just now on my 64-bit version of Windows 7, I saw that I am able see & access the online content; and, I am able to Export the online content. Every time I try to Paste an online image, the program appears to lock up; but, if I wait a while, the image will eventually be pasted.

If I am remembering correctly, the online content in CAC 8 was accessed through the Million Image Club here

http://expressit.broderbund.com/1111_Art_Store/MIC/MICLogin.asp?sid=04820

However, since many changes have occurred on the Million Image Club web site since CAC 8 was discontinued, and since support for the Million Image Club web site is no longer provided by Broderbund/Encore, I'm afraid that there is no way to force CAC 8 to access the online content.

I also suspect that the fact that I am able to access the online content might be nothing more than a fluke. And, if that is the case, my guess is that there will be some days when I will be able to access the online content and some days when I won't be able to access the online content.

So, the best advise I could give would be to advise your friend to check the online content from time to time. Then, if your friend is ever able to access the online content, it might be a good idea to export as many of the online images as possible then save them to the hard drive.

As for me, I don't miss the online content at all - because when I first purchased CAC 8 several years ago, I spent MANY hours searching through all of the CAC 8 graphic images, then exporting them to a special folder on my hard drive, to create my own personal Art Gallery.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.171875E-02