Export Excel Addresses to PS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

4dallison -> Export Excel Addresses to PS (12/16/2011 2:13:09 PM)

Hello. I'm trying to do a mail merge in PS, but my addresses are in an excel document. Is there a way to import my excel document to PS 23.1?

Thanks,
Debra

Brandy redux -> RE: Export Excel Addresses to PS (12/16/2011 3:06:10 PM)

Hi Debra

Before you can import your Excel data into a Print Shop 23.1 Address Book, you must first Save your Excel data to one of the following file formats:

* Comma Delimited - *.csv
* Tab Delimited - *.txt

Then, you would import that file into the Print Shop 23.1 Ultimate Mail Manager.

4dallison -> RE: Export Excel Addresses to PS (12/16/2011 8:21:05 PM)

That worked! For some reason, it only imported the first 5 columns. That was all I needed though.

Do you know how I can quickly find one of my entries in the list? I tried the search button and searched for obvious words/names on my list, but it didn't find the entry.

Thanks,
Debra

Brandy redux -> RE: Export Excel Addresses to PS (12/16/2011 8:42:46 PM)

Hi Debra,

You should be able to search the Print Shop 23.1 Address Book by doing this:

1. Open the Address Book that you want to search.

2. Click on 'Edit' in the menu bar, then select 'Find' in the menu that drops down.

3. Type the keyword into the 'Find' box.

4. If any items are found, the 'Results' box will display the First Name and Last Name of the record in which the item was found.

However, if your Address Book does not have data in the First Name and Last Name fields, you will not be able to find any items. And, you will also not be able to perform a mail merge - because all Print Shop Address Books MUST contain data in the First Name and Last Name fields.

If you do have data in the First Name and Last Name fields, it is possible that the item(s) you are looking for were in the columns which did not import into the Address Book.

There is one other thing you could try. Open the *.csv or *.txt file in a spreadsheet program, then search for the item in the spreadsheet. Check the First Name and Last Name fields in the spreadsheet. Then, when you find the items you are looking for, open Print Shop 23.1 and check the same record in the Address Book.

4dallison -> RE: Export Excel Addresses to PS (12/16/2011 10:37:01 PM)

You figured it out- I didn't have First Name and Last Name columns.

Problem solved.

Thanks!!

Brandy redux -> RE: Export Excel Addresses to PS (12/16/2011 10:44:31 PM)

Terrific News Debra, [;)]

And, Thank You Very Much for letting me know that my advice helped.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4