Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

bprentki -> Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (4/13/2012 2:06:35 PM)

I do a monthly Church calendar each month.

Because we like to list birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I use text boxes. I was asked to send at a weekly reminder of meetings and events. When I went to Weekly Planner, the best format for this, then went to Monthly view, all my text boxes had disappeared. This happened even in earlier months, so I know I saved them.

Brandy redux -> RE: Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (4/13/2012 2:25:09 PM)

Hi bprentki,

Since I don't remember anyone ever asking about your problem, it was necessary for me to research the problem. And, based on my preliminary tests, it looks to me like text boxes will appear only on the calendar view on which they are created (month, week planner, day, year, etc). And, if the project is not saved before selecting a different view, the text box might be lost when selecting a different view.

If you have always created text boxes in Calendar Creator, you are missing the best feature in Calendar Creator - creating events which can be configured to repeat on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly basis. And, the Advanced Repeat Rule can be used to create events to repeat in many other ways.

And, the best part is that when an event is created on one view, that event will automatically appear on all views.

And, even though text boxes can be configured to repeat on a regular basis, just like events, text boxes cannot be configured to repeat on a specific date. Only events can be configured to repeat on a specific date.

And, if text boxes are not specifically configured to repeat, each text box will appear only once.

bprentki -> RE: Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (4/14/2012 5:52:23 AM)

The text boxes were saved, but they are gone now, even the previous months.

I use text boxes in the open spaces to list birthdays, anniversaries, upcoming events, and a memory verse for the month.

I do use the event and the advance repeat feature, this way I do not have to enter all repeating events. I also add a heading for the church.

Brandy redux -> RE: Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (4/14/2012 12:43:23 PM)

Hi Betty,

I have confirmed that when I create a text box by doing this:

1. Click on 'Add' in the menu bar then select 'Text' in the menu that drops down.

2. Click on 'File' in the menu bar then select 'Save Collection' in the menu that drops down.

3. Click on the down arrow next to the 'View' box in the toolbar, then select several different views.

4. Click on the down arrow next to the 'View' box in the toolbar, then select the view in which the text box was added.

5. Close the project, then open the same project again.

6. Click on the down arrow next to the 'View' box in the toolbar, then select the view in which the text box was added.

I see that the text box which I created is still displayed on the same month in which it was created.

However, during my tests, I made note of the fact that, when 'Start with a Basic Calendar' is selected, the calendar opens in 'Month with Tasks' view. And, it occurred to me that you might have added the text box to that view but are expecting the text box to be visible on the 'Month' or 'Multi-Month' or 'Month on 2 Pages' view.

So, the first thing that I would recommend is for you to do this:

1. Select a month in which you are 100% certain sure that you created a text box.

2. Click on the down arrow next to the 'View' box in the toolbar.

3. One at a time, select the following views:

* 'Month with Tasks'
* 'Month'
* 'Multi-Month'
* 'Month on 2 Pages'

making sure that the same month is still selected and keeping in mind that:

1. The text box will always be displayed in EXACTLY the same position on the page where it was originally placed before the project was saved

and

2. The text box will be displayed ONLY on the view that was selected when the text box was created.

If you do not find the text box on any of those month views, it is possible that your problem is being caused by a corrupt or outdated video card driver. And, if that is the case, you should be able to fix the problem by clicking on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27150

then following the directions in that FAQ for updating your video card driver.

bprentki -> RE: Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (4/14/2012 4:27:56 PM)

Thank you.

However, I created the task boxes in Month view. But found them in Month with Tasks. For this calendar, I have only ever used the Month view, until I was asked to give a weekly summary of the upcoming week.

Thanks again.

Brandy redux -> RE: Text Boxes on more than one Calendar View (4/14/2012 4:42:38 PM)

Hi bprentki,

As I said before, when text boxes are created, they will appear ONLY in the view which was selected at the time the text box was created.

It is very important to keep in mind that when a Basic Calendar is created, that calendar with ALWAYS open in 'Month with Tasks' view.

And, it is quite simple to remove the Tasks box from a 'Month with Tasks' view. After the Tasks box is removed from the 'Month with Tasks' view, the Tasks box will never be displayed in the 'Month with Tasks' view for that project file - unless you intentionally choose to add the Tasks bar in the 'Month with Tasks' view.

So, the only logical explanation is that you were mistaken about which view was selected when the text boxes were created.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4