Sync CC12D with Google Calendar? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import

storageman -> Sync CC12D with Google Calendar? (5/3/2012 6:02:26 AM)

I have been a fan and user of CC since the very early days as it has the BEST viewing/printing of any product.
I Live in the multiweek view.
Has anyone figured out or aware of a process to "sync" the bcc files with Google calendar?

DEJenc3 -> RE: Sync CC12D with Google Calendar? (5/3/2012 6:26:35 AM)

Hi, storageman,

Unfortunately, a sync with Google Calendar (or other web calendars) isn't possible. Your closest option is to export your Calendar Creator events and import them into Google Calendar. This might be useful to get a lot of events into the Google Calendar at one time, but isn't really a practical daily activity (at least not for me!). It could be worth a try for birthdays and other recurring events. They won't appear as true recurring events in Google Calendar, but will appear because the CC export produces individual events for each occurrence.

I haven't tried this myself, so can't yet comment on how successful it will be, or if it could make a mess of existing events in your Google Calendar. If you have a secondary Google account, that might be the place to test it.

storageman -> RE: Sync CC12D with Google Calendar? (5/3/2012 8:14:20 AM)

David,
I just exported the entire year and used excel to alter the columns to fit the Google requirements.
IF Google had the printing and multi week capability of Creative Calendar, I would say good bye to CC.
Sadly, I do NOT believe that the creative Calendar folks are doing ANY development because if they were and developing sync with Google/Outlook I would continue to be a supporter.
I do NOT use Outlook, MAINLY due to the single .pst file. All my email in one file - NO WAY. I have been forced to use when employed and ALWAYS hated it. My Preference is Eudora which has folders as text files for all emails. That makes searching and archiving via zip VERY practical and easy.
My cc history goes back more that 10 years.....

DEJenc3 -> RE: Sync CC12D with Google Calendar? (5/3/2012 10:39:05 AM)

Hi, storageman,

I think it's best to think of Calendar Creator as a stand-alone program. Even when there was a successful Palm sync, I still tended to use the Palm calendar as a for-information-purposes-only reference, and never tried to maintain the calendar via Palm. I avoid Outlook for the same reasons you mention. I use Thunderbird for email, but should take another look at Eudora some day. Outlook could probably work as a calendar, but from my memory of using it (when I had to), it was useless for printing a calendar.

Brandy redux -> RE: Sync CC12D with Google Calendar? (5/3/2012 11:23:28 AM)

quote:

Sadly, I do NOT believe that the creative Calendar folks are doing ANY development because if they were and developing sync with Google/Outlook I would continue to be a supporter.

Hi storageman,

Even though Broderbund & Encore are still selling & providing Technical Support for CC 12, CC Platinum, CC Ultimate Organizer and CC 12.1, the latest word is that Calendar Creator 12.1, which was released several years ago, is the last version of Calendar Creator that Broderbund/Encore will offer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4