How do I save a project as a template? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

C.W. -> How do I save a project as a template? (5/9/2012 12:21:36 PM)

I am doing a project in which I am using various sizes and colors of rectangles. I started with a blank page and have added guides to indicate the borders of the various rectangles. Also, I like using the guides so that I can snap the edges of rectangles into place. I haven't yet added any actual rectangles to the project. But, now, I'm thinking that I'd like to use the page as a template for future projects of the same kind so that I won't have to redo the guides. So, here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to copy the page with its guides and then paste it to another blank page? I've tried, but haven't been successful.
2. If the guides cannot be copied and pasted, what do you suggest that I do instead?

Thanks.

Chris

Brandy redux -> RE: How do I save a project as a template? (5/9/2012 12:31:37 PM)

Hi Chris,

If you want to use the page as a template for future projects of the same kind IN THE SAME PROGRAM, all you have to do is to save the file in the normal manner - making sure you select a Title that will tell you what the purpose of the file is.

Then, to make sure that the file cannot be changed accidentally, do this:

1. Right click on the file, then select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.

2. When the Properties window opens, click in the box next to 'Read-Only' to place a check mark in that box.

3. Click on 'Apply' then on 'OK'.

In the future, when you want to use that template, simply open the template, then immediately save it with a different name.

C.W. -> RE: How do I save a project as a template? (5/9/2012 4:57:51 PM)

Thanks, Brandy. I should have thought of that. It makes sense. And I've done what you suggested and it works.

Chris

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4