Text alignment issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012

katgrif -> Text alignment issues (6/13/2012 8:34:56 AM)

I am a new user of Printmaster Plat. 12. Have used other PM Programs in past though and thought they were much more user friendly.
I am using a half fold greeting card to design a program for an event. I chose a template and then deleted all its text, objects etc.
I am using Windows 7 and everything is updated so I do not think this is a software issue but obviously do not know for sure

Issue is that I type the layout as I want it and then indent cetain words how I want them but they do not stay. The layout looks just as I want when the text box is on but as soon as I click off it, certain words convert to other positions and that is the way it prints. I try again and the same words do the same thing. I can't seem to correct it because when I click the text box to do so, they move back to where I want them! This would be easier to understand if you seen it but can someone help? I have tried aligning them to left and then indenting the ones I want etc. but not working. What am I doing wrong?

katgrif -> RE: Text alignment issues (6/13/2012 8:58:49 AM)

Also. Now I tried to re-arrange some text so I "cut" the line from bottom of page and then used "paste" to put it at top and it does not paste. I need to retype it now because it does not allow me to cut and paste either.

ellengard -> RE: Text alignment issues (6/13/2012 10:36:11 AM)

Cut and paste works fine with the hot keys. Ctrl-X and Ctrl-Y on Windows. Something similar on Mac.

ellengard -> RE: Text alignment issues (6/13/2012 10:41:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: katgrif
I chose a template and then deleted all its text, objects etc.
...The layout looks just as I want when the text box is on but as soon as I click off it, certain words convert to other positions ...What am I doing wrong?

I have no problem "indenting" sentences with spaces. Prints fine. So I suspect your problem is the template. Even though you deleted the elements, the template's formatting remains and this may be causing your problem.

Start from scratch with a new blank project. When you add a new text box to it, you'll see your text comes out fine.

katgrif -> RE: Text alignment issues (6/13/2012 3:40:30 PM)

Yes the hot key works, for pasting. Made a new program from scratch. Still had some issues with an indent area but worked much better and finally got it done. I thank you. Grateful you know what is going on :)

ellengard -> RE: Text alignment issues (6/13/2012 10:45:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: katgrif
Still had some issues with an indent area...

A foolproof method of achieving the look of indented text is to put it in a separate text box and position it away from the "unindented" text.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4