2-sided Printer property Hangs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012

ScottR -> 2-sided Printer property Hangs (7/8/2012 9:47:42 PM)

Just bought this software and having problems with printing (Dell computer running Vista-64 OS, and printing to either an HP6550 and/or HP C7200 printer). Both printers have two-sided printing capabilities, so I'd like to print both sides of a card automatically. I can select the Printer Properties from the Print Screen, but when I return from Printer Properties, the Print screen hangs with a wait circle. I can close and reopen the Print screen, but when I print, it's still single sided printing. Worse, I also discovered that the default printing options have now been set to two-sided printing, even though the program only printed single sided (i.e., two sheets of paper).

Our workaround is to avoid the Printer Properties screen and print each side individually, turning and reloading the paper between prints, but I'd like to use the printer features I bought.

Ideas?

Scott

Brandy redux -> RE: 2-sided Printer property Hangs (7/8/2012 10:45:35 PM)

Hi ScottR,

It has always been my understanding that PrintMaster 2012 is not designed for either automatic double-sided printing or duplex printing. Instead, every double-sided project I have attempted to print with PrintMaster 2012 requires me to select one side for printing, put the paper back into the printer's paper feed after the first side has printed, then select the other side for printing.

When I attempt to print both sides of any double-sided project at the same time, either with the printer set to duplex or with the printer set to normal printing, PrintMaster 2012 prints each side of the project on 2 separate sheets of paper.

And, if you will click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=43498&mpage=1&key=๊งช

you will see in that 'PM 2012: 4-page Greeting Cards will not print correctly' pinned item that many PM 2012 Greeting Cards (both half-fold and quarter-fold) will be displayed as 4 pages at the bottom of the workspace. For many (but not all) brands of printers, each page of the Greeting Card will be printed on a separate sheet of paper.

So, if you experience that problem, please review the recommended workaround in that 'PM 2012: 4-page Greeting Cards will not print correctly' pinned item.

And, please do keep in mind that if you purchased PrintMaster 2012 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from either broderbund.com, encore.com or hoylegaming.com within the last 30 days, you are eligible for a refund - even after the product has been installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4