PS Pro 22 Deluxe: Error message "file not found" for MY PROJECTS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

ArtistByTheSea -> PS Pro 22 Deluxe: Error message "file not found" for MY PROJECTS (7/15/2012 3:23:47 PM)

I have not used my Printshop 22 Program in several years. I opened the program yesterday and clicked on MY Projects. I see each of the projects I created, but when I try to open any of them, I get an error message that says "file not found". I looked in my computer for the place that has a check point for "hidden files", it is checked not to hide files. I didn't want to delete anything until someone can help.

I also looked for updated drivers and could not find anything?

Thanks,
A.

Brandy redux -> RE: PS Pro 22 Deluxe: Error message "file not found" for MY PROJECTS (7/15/2012 3:43:18 PM)

Hi A,

The "file not found" error message you are receiving is telling you that the actual files for the projects that are listed in My Projects are no longer in the same folder into which they were originally saved.

When a project is saved in the My Projects section of the Print Shop 20 Project Gallery, the location of the folder into which the projects are saved is stored in the Project Gallery. However, if those project files are moved to another location, the Project Gallery does not make note of the new location.

So, before you proceed with my recommended solution, it would be a very good idea to open Windows Explorer then confirm that the project files are still on your hard drive. And, if you find that those files are NOT in a subfolder of your Documents folder, it would be a very good idea to move those files to a subfolder of your Document folder.

Then, I would recommend that you click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40155&mpage=1&key=

then follow the directions in that FAQ for deleting the files for the existing projects in the My Projects, then resetting the location to those projects by importing the Projects into the Projects Gallery from their current location.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4