Software Is Crashing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Mahjongg

mfgibson -> Software Is Crashing (10/18/2012 12:53:28 PM)

I'm trying to play Hoyl MahJongg on my laptop, running Windows Vista. The software starts up and lets me start a game, but as soon as I try to click on a tile, I get "Mahjongg has stopped working. Windows is gathering information about the problem." I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, but that didn't help. Also, the software window is running off the top and bottom of my screen a little bit. How do I fix these problems?

Brandy redux -> RE: Software Is Crashing (10/18/2012 4:14:36 PM)

Hi mfgibson,

It is very important to keep in mind that when the "{program name} has stopped working" error message is encountered, that is usually an indicator of a corrupt installation. And, since a simple uninstall/reinstall cannot always remove all corruption, the recommended solution for dealing with that problem is to click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=41214&mpage=1&key=

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a 1) thorough uninstall, 2) computer cleanup and 3) 'clean' reinstall.

And, it is very important to keep in mind that the 'clean' install is recommended for all installations of all Windows software - because the 'clean' install is the best way to prevent corrupt installations.

However, as you mentioned in your other post that you received the "No compatible Direct3D devices found" error message, that would indicate that your computer does not meet the Minimum System Requirements for Hoyle Mahjongg.

In that case, Please do keep in mind that if you purchased Hoyle Mahjongg from a retail store within the last 90 days or from either broderbund.com, encore.com or hoylegaming.com within the last 30 days, you are eligible for a refund - even after the product has been installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4