PM2012 vs PM7 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012

wickskip -> PM2012 vs PM7 (12/8/2012 8:27:41 AM)

After two days trying out PM 2012 there is so little of the excellent functionality I enjoyed in PM7
No simple Text Stretch
No Address book and mail merge
Can't recall and use any previous projects!
Excellent clip art images I used often are not available.

Is there any previous version that I can get that is compatible with Windows 8?

lindarobin -> RE: PM2012 vs PM7 (12/8/2012 11:48:00 AM)

Hi Mike,

Sorry, the old PrintMaster stopped at version 18.1 which is compatible with Win7, but not Win8.

A new program powered by StoryRock was then branded with the PrintMaster name. That is why there is no compatibility between the old PrintMaster and the StoryRock program - they were developed separately.

The same can be said for The Print Shop. A few years ago, both The Print Shop and PrintMaster were like sister programs - you could open and edit projects between them.

Another new program was developed separately and branded The Print Shop 3.0. It is not compatible with PrintMaster nor the earlier Print Shop programs versions 23.1 and older.

wickskip -> RE: PM2012 vs PM7 (12/8/2012 1:20:53 PM)

I noted your editing, I thought I was pretty restrained! I guess there will be many unhappy prior customers who find that in Wnidows 8 they are abandoned.

lindarobin -> RE: PM2012 vs PM7 (12/8/2012 5:52:02 PM)

Every time a new operating system comes out, there is the inevitable backlash where we all have favorite programs that the new os can't run. [:'(]

Encore wouldn't want customers to feel abandoned - that would be bad for business. They want to know what customers want.

How to submit feedback:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40873

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4