PS 22 - Unable to save project to project gallery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

Rodrigo -> PS 22 - Unable to save project to project gallery (1/21/2013 9:40:04 AM)

I have been using The PS 22 for several years and have a lot of projects in the gallery (Win XP SP3 - Admin). Recently PS 22 says "Project saved to disk but unable to save to project gallery". I deleted a few old projects hoping that this would free up space. It did not help. Thumbnails and project names in the gallery do not match and there are large gaps. If I click the icon BELOW the one I really want, it usually works! Presumably I have corrupted files or worse!
Looking at previous posts, I see that the very knowledgeable Brandy redux has answered similar queries in some depth. I am terrified of losing all the old projects I still have - perhaps I should just "soldier on" as I am and put up with the inconvenience. If I go through the deletions procedure and wipe everything out, will I be able to recover the undamaged projects or will I lose the whole lot??
I would welcome sensible comments from Forum members experienced in these arcane matters! Many thanks in advance.
PS. I shall also be investigating my video card driver.

ellengard -> RE: PS 22 - Unable to save project to project gallery (1/21/2013 4:40:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rodrigo
... Presumably I have corrupted files or worse!
Looking at previous posts, I see that the very knowledgeable Brandy redux has answered similar queries in some depth.

Good news, all your projects are safe. Just the project gallery is corrupted, meaning the shortcuts to retrieve your projects are messed up. Go right ahead and follow Brandy redux's instructions on how to fix a corrupted project gallery. That will redo your project thumbnail links.

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=42606

Rodrigo -> RE: PS 22 - Unable to save project to project gallery (1/22/2013 11:46:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

Go right ahead and follow Brandy redux's instructions on how to fix a corrupted project gallery. That will redo your project thumbnail links.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=42606

Having made a backup copy of the 3 items to be deleted, I went ahead with the deletions, rebooted WinXP and fired up The PS 22. To my amazement the Project Gallery and the Art Gallery were restored. There were no gaps, thumbnails matched the project names and new projects were saved to the Gallery. I did have to manually import quite a few projects which had NOT been saved in My Documents - this was straightforward but slow.
Needless to say, I am extremely grateful to ellengard and Brandy redux for their help in this matter. This is the first time I have had to ask for assistance. I am impressed - a lot! Many thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4