Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012

melissasraja -> Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (3/25/2013 5:24:04 PM)

Hi everyone. Im hoping someone can help me as the support is not very supportive. Ive used PM products for many years and never had an issue until now. I just downloaded PM 2012 Platinum yesterday and so far my two main issues are:

1) I cannot align anything (pics, clipart, text, nothing) to top, middle, bottom, right, left, center. Not at all. I select it and those options on the align menu are grey and cannot be clicked. How can I fix this?

2) When I print a poster/sign I get a massive white border/margin around the whole page. It doesn't show on the print preview. So basically Im stuck going back to my project and trying to move things around to make them fit with this box. Im losing around 1/2 inch on all 4 sides. Any idea how to fix it? I tried borderless printing and that didn't work.

Im hoping someone here has some answers. Thanks.

Melissa

ellengard -> RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (3/25/2013 6:01:31 PM)

Re: Margins
File | Print Setup... brings up the Page Setup box. Change the margins to 0,0,0,0.

Re: Aligning objects
You must select more than one object so that the program can align their tops (or their bottoms, or their left sides, etc.) Drag your mouse from upper left to lower right, to select multiple items.

melissasraja -> RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (3/25/2013 6:11:23 PM)

I adjust my margins to 0 but they revert back to default.

Can I align 1 pic to the top of page? Or left of page? You could do that in old PM.

Thanks for the help.

ellengard -> RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (3/25/2013 7:41:44 PM)

They revert to the closest they can get to 0.

The old PM had "Layout | Position" and it included more options. In PM2012, if you want an object to be at the top, left, do this:

Right-click the object. In the Object Settings Box, change the X,Y co-ordinates to 0,0.

PM2012 does not try to be like the old PM. The two programs were developed separately with no intention to be compatible with each other.

ellengard -> RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (3/25/2013 7:46:04 PM)

It may help to use the Advanced Print Options and check Crop image to fill area.

moonrise -> RE: Several issues with PM 2012 Platinum RE Printing & Alignment (3/25/2013 8:44:25 PM)

quote:

I adjust my margins to 0 but they revert back to default.

If you are using a printer with a borderless option, that option must be selected before you set the PM 2012 margins to 0. If the borderless option is not selected before you set the PM 2012 margins to 0, the margins will automatically revert to the minimum allowable margins which are built into the printer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4