windows 8 vs.older versions of PM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues

chiefy -> windows 8 vs.older versions of PM (4/11/2013 1:22:12 PM)

My new computer uses Windows 8 OS. I have been unable to install my older versions of PrintMaster (Printmaster Premier and PrintMaster Platinum 16) nor can I recover the stored files of any previous work in PrintMaster. Since Windows 8 is a 64 bit system and I assume these versions of PM are 32 bit, is there any way to convert and/or install the older versions in my new computer?

JasonC -> RE: windows 8 vs.older versions of PM (4/11/2013 1:47:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chiefy

My new computer uses Windows 8 OS. I have been unable to install my older versions of PrintMaster (Printmaster Premier and PrintMaster Platinum 16) nor can I recover the stored files of any previous work in PrintMaster. Since Windows 8 is a 64 bit system and I assume these versions of PM are 32 bit, is there any way to convert and/or install the older versions in my new computer?

quote:

[Reply to Message]

Only Print Master Platinum 2012 and Print Shop 3.0 will work on Windows 8. All these other programs you mention are not compatible for obvious reasons.

ellengard -> RE: windows 8 vs.older versions of PM (4/11/2013 2:22:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chiefy
... nor can I recover the stored files of any previous work in PrintMaster.

Yes, it is unfortunate, but those older PrintMasters were designed many years before Win8 appeared. Hopefully you still have your old computer so that you can export your projects as JPG or PDF, so you can always print more copies.

Removing some text before you export your projects will allow you to import your image into your new program and add updated text.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4