printmaster 7.0 files (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012

Julz -> printmaster 7.0 files (7/16/2013 12:07:03 PM)

Here is my problem- My old computer crashed. Fortunately I had most of my files backed up. I did purchase Printmaster Platinum when I got a new computer with windows 8 and love it although I am not able to open any of the old Printmaster 7.0 files. I AM able to install and use my old Printmaster 7.0 program on my new computer but I cannot retrieve any of the old backed up files. Do you know if there is a way to do this?

I do have a laptop with windows 7 but cannot install Printmaster 7.0. I receive this error message- the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

I just really need to open my old Printmaster 7.0 files, if at all possible. Is there any version that would allow me to do this?

ellengard -> RE: printmaster 7.0 files (7/16/2013 12:42:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Julz
... I got a new computer with windows 8 ... I AM able to install and use my old Printmaster 7.0 program on my new computer but I cannot retrieve any of the old backed up files.

That's lucky that you can run PM7 on Win8. Officially, PM7 is not a Win8 compatible program. If the program is working, you can open your old files, but you must do it from within the program. i.e. From the Project Gallery: File> Open From Disk... and browse to where you stored your project files.

Julz -> RE: printmaster 7.0 files (7/17/2013 6:07:17 AM)

Thank you so much! Open from disk was not an option originally but I uninstalled and installed again and IT'S THERE!

ellengard -> RE: printmaster 7.0 files (7/17/2013 9:23:48 AM)

Yay! Just in case PM7 stops working on Win8 after several updates, it would be a good idea to export your projects as JPG, if that is an option in PM7. Otherwise, print them to a PDF driver.

JPG and PDF, you will always be able to open with other programs, with any operating system.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.586914E-02