Event Calendar (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

suetee -> Event Calendar (8/26/2013 4:06:09 PM)

I have installed Print Shop Deluxe ver. 23.1 on my new computer Win. 7,64bit. I imported from my old system Vista 32bit Print shop Deluxe Ver.22, The database (2 each)
and other projects, all information transferred to the new system and is operating, the problem I am having is the event calendar, when it starts up from a cold boot or from the project list it comes up blank. The data I have in the occasion list is not being listed. My question is how can I bring this information into the events calendar without have to re-enter all this information manually, Thank you for your help.

Tom

ellengard -> RE: Event Calendar (8/26/2013 5:06:20 PM)

Are you talking about the Address Book/Event Reminder feature or Calendar Creator, the sub-program inside of Print Shop? i.e. your BCC file

suetee -> RE: Event Calendar (8/26/2013 6:04:01 PM)

The address book event reminder.

ellengard -> RE: Event Calendar (8/26/2013 7:05:48 PM)

I think the Event Reminder information is inside the Address Book. Open the Address Book, click View> Event Reminder.

suetee -> RE: Event Calendar (8/26/2013 9:08:00 PM)

I opened the address book database -clicked view-clicked event reminder. The event reminder box came up with all of the pre-listed holidays that came with the program-I also entered into my address book database a new entry with a occasion (birthday) listed, this entry also came up-but all my other occasion listed in this database are not coming up in the event reminder.

ellengard -> RE: Event Calendar (8/26/2013 9:33:59 PM)

I don't have the answer, but I will ask around. It may be a day or two to find an answer. I have never heard of any separate event reminder file that we were supposed to back up - only project files and the address book.

suetee -> RE: Event Calendar (8/26/2013 9:42:03 PM)

The information I want is in the address book database, it is just a matter of getting it into the event reminder without having to re-enter each manually.Thank you for your time and help, I look forward to hearing from you.

Tom

suetee -> RE: Event Calendar (8/28/2013 2:32:58 PM)

Ellen:

Thank you for your time and help. I came up with a work around solution that has solved my problem. Thank you again for your help.

Tom

ellengard -> RE: Event Calendar (8/28/2013 7:26:32 PM)

I am glad you found a workaround. I did pose the question to an expert I know, but since no one has ever come across that situation, a ready answer doesn't exist. However, if I receive a solution, I will post it here.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Event Calendar (8/29/2013 4:27:45 PM)

In case there was an issue of locating the older address book file, here's a thread that gives its location. Perhaps it was missed in the transfer to the new computer?
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=35456

Even if you've updated the address book in another way, you may want to retrieve the file for comparison purposes. Presumably you could look at the data with Microsoft Access or Excel, if you have those programs.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4