Saving as PDF (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Export/Import

skent3@qwest.net -> Saving as PDF (8/29/2013 6:36:32 AM)

I have the Broderbund PDF Creator installed with Print Shop 23.1. When I go to save the file as a PDF, some of the text box lines are wavy on the top or bottom of the characters on the line. Not every line, and the problem isn't consistent. I am wondering how I solve this problem. I did learn to first go in to Print Setup and set my select the Broderbund PDF printer prior to telling it to save as PDF. Otherwise it reformats / resizes the text!

JasonC -> RE: Saving as PDF (8/29/2013 7:42:43 AM)

There are some problems with the Broderbund PDF Writer that I've noticed for some projects.

Either export to a JPG or use another PDF writer. I found Cute PDF works best.

http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

skent3@qwest.net -> RE: Saving as PDF (8/29/2013 6:29:26 PM)

So is there a way to associate "Save as PDF" with a different PDF Writer, or the way you describe is accomplished through a few steps on the "Print" command? I guess I just don't understand why they haven't fixed a long-standing problem?

JasonC -> RE: Saving as PDF (8/29/2013 9:47:44 PM)

You can save as a JPG. But once you install the other PDF writer all you have to do is change your default printer to Cute PDF and you will be all set.

skent3@qwest.net -> RE: Saving as PDF (8/30/2013 6:25:32 AM)

OK ... thank you for your response and help. I downloaded Cute PDF and I don't see the ghosts around some of the lines. Do you know if you can save at a higher pdf resolution such as 600 dpi?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4