Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

emorton -> Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (9/24/2013 6:47:50 AM)

I'm running Print Shop 23.1 Pro Publisher Deluxe on Windows 7. A couple of issues have cropped up just in the last week, one of which is when I try to edit an image using the Advanced Photo Editor, the program freezes and I have to close and restart it. After a couple of instances of the program freezing, it wouldn't reopen at all without a full computer restart.

Any wisdom? Especially on why this issue would have just begun to happen, even though I've used Advanced Photo Editor frequently in the past?

Thanks,
Ellen

JasonC -> RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (9/24/2013 8:01:19 AM)

My room mate has the same problem with Internet Explorer, sometimes he can't open it and nothing happens clicking the icon.

This usually indicates a frozen system process. If you press Control Alt Delete on your keyboard, and click on the processes tab, see if anything is running abnormally high percentage wise. Take note of that process and post back and I'll see what I can figure out.

ellengard -> RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (9/24/2013 1:30:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emorton
...why this issue would have just begun to happen, even though I've used Advanced Photo Editor frequently in the past?

I think Windows automatic updates can sometimes affect our programs negatively. When I find a program keeps freezing up, I uninstall it and do a clean re-install. May be a last resort solution. First thing I would do is turn off all programs running in the background via the Startup tab in System Configuration. Or as Jason suggests, via the Windows Task Manager.

JasonC -> RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (9/24/2013 9:02:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: emorton
...why this issue would have just begun to happen, even though I've used Advanced Photo Editor frequently in the past?

I think Windows automatic updates can sometimes affect our programs negatively. When I find a program keeps freezing up, I uninstall it and do a clean re-install. May be a last resort solution. First thing I would do is turn off all programs running in the background via the Startup tab in System Configuration. Or as Jason suggests, via the Windows Task Manager.

Exactly as ellengard said. Windows Update has always been known for program incompatibilites after some updates have been installed.

emorton -> RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (10/2/2013 2:03:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TMLFAN4LIFE

My room mate has the same problem with Internet Explorer, sometimes he can't open it and nothing happens clicking the icon.

This usually indicates a frozen system process. If you press Control Alt Delete on your keyboard, and click on the processes tab, see if anything is running abnormally high percentage wise. Take note of that process and post back and I'll see what I can figure out.

This freeze occurred again and I looked at the processes tab... everything seems to be running at 00-01% CPU except for PMW.exe associated with Print Shop, which is changing from 00 up to about 50% CPU.

Wisdom? Thanks --

Ellen

ellengard -> RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (10/2/2013 2:05:51 PM)

Re-install.

C.Porter -> RE: Advanced Photo Editor Causes Crash (8/19/2015 2:00:01 PM)

Hi Ellen,
I figured out the problem as this recently started this freeze with us.
Go to the Printshop properties right click and go to the compatibilities tab. Make sure NOTHING is checked there. DO NOT run as administrator.

[image]local://upfiles/26212/1590F5CB97474BB5B085CD202DCF1373.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4