Changing Cell Sizes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

Office Manager -> Changing Cell Sizes (10/17/2013 11:33:57 AM)

We have been using a very old version of Calendar Creator and have just upgraded to 12.1. In the old version, we were able to have larger cells for Saturday and Sunday, since this is when the majority of our events occur (we're a church). We haven't been able to find a way to adjust the cell sizes in 12.1. Can that be done?

JasonC -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/17/2013 3:03:35 PM)

I was wondering if this link might be helpful? I found it in a search..

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=45387&mpage=1&key=changing%2Ccell%2Csize녋

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/17/2013 4:17:57 PM)

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it's going to be possible in this version of Calendar Creator. The message in Jason's link applies only to the way images are managed within a cell, and the size of the day cell does not change to accommodate a picture or an event.

I experimented to see if I could find a workaround for what you'd like to do, but wasn't successful. Perhaps someone else has an idea, but as far as I can tell, rows and columns cannot be customized with non-identical day cells.

ellengard -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/17/2013 5:07:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Office Manager
... larger cells for Saturday and Sunday, since this is when the majority of our events occur (we're a church). We haven't been able to find a way to adjust the cell sizes in 12.1. Can that be done?

I can only suggest a workaround. If Friday is unoccupied, add a note that spans Friday and Saturday. The note gives plenty of room for text.

A similar thing can be done with Sunday/Monday.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/BB34BE1F71A24604B25B791BC0AEFA76.jpg[/image]

HomerT -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/18/2013 12:51:44 PM)

quote:

We haven't been able to find a way to adjust the cell sizes in 12.1. Can that be done?

Cell sizes in 12.1 must be set manually.

Place the cursor over the day cell line between either Sunday/Monday or Friday/Saturday. When the cursor changes to a 2-headed arrow, drag the line to the desired location.* After the Saturday and Sunday day cells have been set to the desired size, you will see that the weekday day cells have changed size and will need to be manually adjusted.

*If the cursor does not change to a 2-headed arrow, right click on the space which is reserved for small calendars, then select the Set Moveable option.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/18/2013 1:19:11 PM)

Thanks, HomerT. I've never seen that before.

When I tried, it would not work with any of my existing calendars (which maybe explains why it escaped me), but would work with a new, blank calendar.

If it's the case that it works only with a blank calendar, it may be possible to export events from another calendar and import them into the new calendar, after resizing the cells and saving it first.

HomerT -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/18/2013 2:51:09 PM)

From what I've seen, many (if not all) new, blank calendars are automatically set to moveable by default, while many existing calendars are not set to moveable. Any existing calendar can be set to moveable, provided you right click in the space reserved for small calendars. It is not possible to access the Set Moveable option by right clicking inside the calendar grid.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Changing Cell Sizes (10/18/2013 4:14:18 PM)

That does work. It's a fussy selection for Set Moveable, but it's there on my filled calendars. It's good to learn something new, and it should solve Office Manager's problem. Thanks for finding the solution needed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4