Print Shop 15 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

skye38 -> Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 9:35:46 AM)

I suddenly have a "File type not supported" error when trying to save a brochure in Print shop 15 (.bro extension)

JasonC -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 9:51:31 AM)

What is your Operating System? (Ex : Windows XP , Windows Vista or Windows 7)

Has your projects been able to be saved previously without any issue? Or have you encountered other issues?

Have you tried to create another project other then what you did and it did not save either? There could be something wrong with the way the project was created or something may be corrupt.

skye38 -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 10:01:05 AM)

I am using Windows 7 and have had no previous problems with this program. I use it regularly to print the brochure for our museum. Last night I went in to make a change on one page on the brochure and when i went to save it I got the file not supported message and now I can't do anything. It will not even bring up the file just the error message. I have used this same file for several years and made numerous changes to it with no problem. I tried making a new brochure and got the same message. Everything else in the program seems to work fine .. just the .bro extension that won't work

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 11:12:56 AM)

Print Shop 15 is quite old and not supported on Win7. There has been success installing it on Win7, but it is not 100% compatible. Since the BRO file type is the only problem you've encountered, I can suggest a workaround.

Open two new landscape Blank Page projects, A and B. Copy/paste everything from your brochure project to the new projects. Project A is the outsides of your brochure; Project B is the insides.

You can try using a newsletter project instead since it is a multi-page project like the brochure project, but perhaps it is all multi-page projects that cannot be saved.

Print Shop 23.1 is the Win7 compatible upgrade to v15. Print Shop 3.5 is also Win7 compatible, but it is totally different and cannot open any v15 projects.

skye38 -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 12:13:02 PM)

Thanks , Ellengard but I don't think that will work since I can't get into the file to copy and paste. The program gives me the unsupported file message when I try to go in to see if there is any of the pictures or wording that I could move somewhere else. However I will try it again. I do have the Printshop 3.0 program but after trying it I discovered that I couldn't move v15 files to it so took it out again. That was several months ago. Wonder why, after all this time of using v15 it suddenly decided to go bonkers on me? It was in my computer before I upgraded to Win 7 and has worked for 3 or 4 yrs just fine. Would I be able to find these files if I upgrade to v23?

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 3:04:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: skye38
I suddenly have a "File type not supported" error when trying to save a brochure in Print shop 15 (.bro extension)

I thought the error occurred during the save. So you are saying that the project will not even open?

skye38 -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 7:22:20 PM)

Yes, it did occur when I tried to save the original after making changes, however now I cannot even open it because I get the same message so I cannot go into the original file at all.

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 15 (12/5/2013 8:41:40 PM)

If the file did not get corrupted during the save, you can send it to me and I will convert it into two SIG projects for you.

Click my email icon and send me a message.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.367188E-02