Help getting started (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Viva-Media Games] >> Fritz Chess 13

mspig98 -> Help getting started (12/30/2013 1:21:04 PM)

Hi - I just purchased Fritz 13 and I'd like to know where I can watch the 10 videos that were mentioned in the product description and also where the PDF manual is that describes how to use the program. Is there any kind of instructions that come with this package? Very disappointing considering it is such a nice platform yet absolutely no guidance on how to get started. Thanks in advance for the help.

JasonC -> RE: Help getting started (12/30/2013 6:30:03 PM)

I'm going to agree with you , this is one of the most complicated games I've had the chance of experiencing in my life. I did a little digging around so... This is going to require the disc in the drive.

With your disc in the drive here is step one : Click on File > Open Media File

[image]http://i41.tinypic.com/2ewjq0j.jpg[/image]

Then for step two , with the disc in the drive browse to the CD Contents and go into the Multimedia Folder And then Double Click on Multimedia HTM

There should be video files you can open up in here.

[image]http://i43.tinypic.com/x6hg8h.jpg[/image]

In regards to the manual, it's in the root of the CD under Manuals. It's a long manual I'll tell you.

mspig98 -> RE: Help getting started (12/31/2013 7:35:17 AM)

Thanks for responding! The problem is I downloaded the program and I don't have a disk. Can I access the book and the videos just from a normal installation downloaded from the web? Is there a part of the program that I can navigate to to find this stuff? Thanks again for the help.

JasonC -> RE: Help getting started (12/31/2013 8:05:04 AM)

I'm reaching out to my contacts at Encore to see if we can get you connected with the materials you need. I already knew the download edition had these things omitted, but needed to initially know if you had a CD or a Download......

JasonC -> RE: Help getting started (12/31/2013 8:09:36 AM)

Do you see the little question mark at the top right of the screen? there is a manual there!

mspig98 -> RE: Help getting started (12/31/2013 8:17:43 AM)

Wonderful. Let me know and I can email you my mailing address. Just bizarre they make their customers find out all of this on their own. I can't tell you how much time I have spent on this and to hear that it happens to a lot of other people is really disappointing. At the very least they should change the Amazon product description and label it properly as a watered down version without the features they tout. Really misleading and dishonest especially when they know none of it will work with a downloaded vs. disk copy. Thanks again for the help.

JasonC -> RE: Help getting started (12/31/2013 1:17:06 PM)

It's not misleading it's a programming error in the software but I'm still awaiting a reply from my contact.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4