Open and edit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

1222carol -> Open and edit? (1/16/2014 2:50:30 PM)

Is there a way to open and edit a CC file that was emailed to me?

ellengard -> RE: Open and edit? (1/16/2014 3:16:39 PM)

You must have the Calendar Creator program installed, in order to open CC files.

1222carol -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 3:20:41 AM)

Does it matter which version you have? Does it need to be the same or can they be different?

DEJenc3 -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 6:36:24 AM)

You should be able to open most older Calendar Creator calendars in the latest version of CC. See this help file for version file types:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1098&product_id=2685

The software version you use may be important if you want to edit and save the calendar to return to the person who sent it in the first place, but less so if you simply want to view and print it.

1222carol -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 7:45:47 AM)

As it turns out it was sent to me in PDF. First I need to get it to open. Anyway to do that?

DEJenc3 -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 8:12:56 AM)

Just save the PDF file to your hard drive and located in double-click to open with Adobe Reader.

That would have been the way I would originally have recommended somebody to share a calendar with you as long as you don't have to edit it. If you have to edit it, you won't have any success, even with the full Adobe product.

JasonC -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 8:28:38 AM)

There is a place online where you can edit PDF files for free.

http://www.pdfescape.com/

I've used it many of times and it works great.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 8:46:19 AM)

My point was meant to be that it would hardly be worth the effort, since you couldn't really edit the contents of the calendar. You might as well start with a free calendar program like Google or Yahoo and make changes that you could save and print.

JasonC -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 9:06:49 AM)

Understood David, but there are special programs that use Optical Character Recognition that can identify the letters on the PDF document and make them editable on the same document providing the same font is installed on the computer that came from the original.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Open and edit? (1/17/2014 2:46:34 PM)

Thanks, Jason. Perhaps 1222carol can try one of those programs, and report back if it works or doesn't.

I'm one who will use an OCR option at every opportunity, but I assumed that one of these calendars in a PDF file would present too many problems, and require too much editing to be worth the time. I don't know if the OCR program would see the calendar cells as columns, or lump all text together, since I've had mixed results with complex documents being read by OCR programs that I've had, most often OmniPage.

If it's the text from the calendar that the OP wants, it might be requested from the sender of the original Calendar Creator file, to be sent as an exported CSV file.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4