Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5

bnovenski -> Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/1/2014 11:53:19 AM)

I used Print Shop 2.0 for several years and loved it. My computer bit the dust and in upgrading I was forced into the new Windows 7 operating system which doesn't support the old Print Shop. I upgraded to 3.5 but cannot figure out how to create cards the way I did on version 2. What I want to do is take a blank card, have some options of layouts and fill in the blanks with text and clip art. Is that possible? how the heck do you do it? I am superiorly peeved that Print Shop sells me a product that I can't talk to or email a tech support person about these type of issues. If anyone out there could help me I'd really appreciate any assistance I can get.

JasonC -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/1/2014 12:33:07 PM)

You can get the help you need here but please be aware that Technical Support does not provide how to questions as outlined on the technical support site as you usually will get faster service here. These forums are for functionality support.

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/1/2014 1:45:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bnovenski
... What I want to do is take a blank card, have some options of layouts and fill in the blanks with text and clip art.

Open a ready-made card template. Use the Filters to choose your preferred size and layout. Swap out the graphics with your photos or other graphics from the clip art gallery. Edit the existing text boxes or delete them.

Lots of how-to info here:
http://www.printshop.com/user-guide.aspx

...and some new video tutorials for 3.5 here:
http://www.printshop.com/video-tutorials-35.aspx

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/1/2014 3:25:19 PM)

Have you tried creating a greeting card from scratch? This starts you off with a totally blank card. Just add your graphics and text boxes. Use the Insert Object buttons in the left sidebar.

Don't use your experience with 2.0 to figure out 3.5. They are too different.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/068451CEC3DB43A5AA9944602F9940C1.jpg[/image]

Kristineesmyth -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/3/2014 11:53:57 AM)

I also have been using the older versions of print shop for many years. I have a large number of documents for my business saved on a zip drive. When I try to open these documents using the new print shop my computer can not use the new print shop to open them. Please tell me it isn't so and that there is a way to open these documents using the new print shop.

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/3/2014 12:15:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kristineesmyth
...Please tell me it isn't so and that there is a way to open these documents using the new print shop.

I think you can open versions 23 and newer. Something as old as version 15, sorry, no. If you are using Win7, may I suggest you get 23.1 as it can open many of the projects created with older versions that worked on WinXP

Kristineesmyth -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/3/2014 12:29:16 PM)

Thank you for your input. I have Print Shop 22. I am so disappointed that there is not a reader or anything to be able to pull up my projects:( As a home user of this program I find the new one extremely difficult to use....maybe its just because I am used to the old one.

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/3/2014 3:02:47 PM)

quote:

I have Print Shop 22.

That should work! See here:
http://printshop.com/user-guide/35/saving-and-organizing-projects/opening-an-existing-project.aspx

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/3/2014 9:02:07 PM)

quote:

... I find the new one extremely difficult to use....maybe its just because I am used to the old one.

The old and the new are as different as PC is to Mac. i.e. they do many of the same things, but in a different manner. I had to totally relearn things, but I've now got a lot of experience with it and feel much more comfortable using it. You will, too.

Kristineesmyth -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/4/2014 11:24:16 AM)

Thank you so much, this has been extremely helpful! If I would have just paid better attention I would have seen that there is an option to open a project using an older program. For those who run into this same problem, note that it isn't a seamless transition, but it's better than starting from scratch. I will have to adjust some margins. Also, anywhere that I used a special symbol or quotation marks the new program inserts a question mark. It will just require a little bit of proof reading, but I am hoping when I print these projects they look similar to the originals. Thank you again Ellengard......you have been invaluable and saved me a lot of time:)

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.5 vs Print Shop 2.0 old version (2/4/2014 1:11:37 PM)

quote:

... it isn't a seamless transition, but it's better than starting from scratch...

Yes, and I'm so glad this is a workable solution for you. I've noticed with my own projects, that some things such as glows, cropping and backdrops do not convert over. Shadows come out a little differently as do headlines.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.501465E-02