Old version quit running (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality

davidcaskey -> Old version quit running (2/6/2014 1:02:31 PM)

Is anyone still using version 2? I like it better than the new ones, but after a year of great performance it recently quit running on my XP Simulator in Windows 7 (On my desktop). I have no idea why. The same configuration runs fine on my laptop (Same thing - Win 7 plus XP Simulator), but I can't print from the laptop simulator. I tried reinstalling CC v2, but same problem. Anyone have suggestions?

The main reason I prefer v2 is that it doesn't put so much white space around the events and therefore doesn't shrink multiple events into an unreadable font.

Kirsten -> RE: Old version quit running (2/6/2014 1:26:01 PM)

Since your CC version 2 worked quite well in the past on your XP Simulator in Windows 7, there should be no reason for it to stop working now - unless the installation has become corrupt. As to the fact that you tried reinstalling, that might be related to the fact that a simple uninstall/reinstall will not remove all corruption. In some cases, the only way to successfully uninstall/reinstall any corrupt software is to do as Brandy redux recommends here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=27430&mpage=1&key=%E6%AC%A6

JasonC -> RE: Old version quit running (2/6/2014 1:57:22 PM)

Virtual machines under Windows XP are not supported by technical support. The virtual environment under this situation only supports a maximum of 256mb ram which is severely underpowering. Please use a supported OS when possible.

DEJenc3 -> RE: Old version quit running (2/6/2014 4:09:21 PM)

I hope you are able to solve your issue with Calendar Creator 2.

Since I haven't used a Calendar Creator version earlier than 10, I can't say from my own experience what Calendar Creator 2 might have offered, so I can't make comparison between it and the current version. You said that you prefer version 2, but did not say whether you own or have tried the current version, or say which previous version you've tried that didn't accomplish what you wanted. It's possible that there are ways to use the current version and do what you'd like, and you wouldn't be limiting yourself to a program that can't run (at least in a normal fashion) on current operating systems.

You mentioned white space around events and ending up with fonts that are too reduced to be readable. There have been several discussions of ways of getting more information into a date cell, with suggestions by several users in this forum. Here are links to 2 of them that had recent discussion. If you think any of these address your concerns, you might do well to upgrade to the current Calendar Creator version, or at least consider it.

Calendar Creator print size
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=48127

trouble fitting all the events on our 11x17 monthly calendar
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=40890

Kira -> RE: Old version quit running (2/6/2014 5:42:57 PM)

The biggest difference between CC 2 and the newer versions of Calendar Creator is that CC 2 was designed before Broderbund purchased the rights to the software. With CC 2, individual files are created for different categories of events - 1 file for Birthdays, 1 file for Anniversaries, etc. And, a separate file for the workspace.

The #1 feature that users of CC 2 miss when they upgrade to a Broderbund version of Calendar Creator is that, with CC 2 more events can be added to each day cell without the risk of the font size being reduced to an unreadable level.

Fortunately for users of CC 2 who choose to not upgrade to a Broderbund version, CC 2 can still be installed on any 32-bit Operating System - even Windows 8.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.367188E-02