shadows on photos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 5.0 (released 2012)

o.ray@mwt.net -> shadows on photos (3/18/2014 8:23:07 AM)

hi ! I'm having trouble with shadows showing up on items that are scanned onto a poster. items that I have scanned in with my printer and stored in my photo file. when I scan and print from my printer it prints just fine. when I have scanned a full size 8.5 x 11 it comes out smaller on the poster and I get warnings about pixilating if I enlarge it. also when I have a title box which is lined up with headers on the left --the print jumps around and off register when I go to print. thanks!! ray

ellengard -> RE: shadows on photos (3/18/2014 10:34:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: o.ray@mwt.net
... when I have scanned a full size 8.5 x 11 it comes out smaller on the poster and I get warnings about pixilating if I enlarge it.

Scan at a resolution of 300 dpi of higher. The resulting file size is very large (several MB), but necessary for high quality printing.

quote:

... when I have a title box which is lined up with headers on the left --the print jumps around and off register when I go to print.

Someone else mentioned a problem with text printing. I'll find out if it's a problem in the program and get back to you.

ellengard -> RE: shadows on photos (3/18/2014 5:50:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: o.ray@mwt.net
--the print jumps around and off register when I go to print.

I found this tech note which may address your problem:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=1533&product_id=2816

If that does not help, you can submit a tech support ticket here:
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=2816
(version 5.0 doesn't have its own category, but should be covered under version 2012)

Please post back if none of the above helps.

o.ray@mwt.net -> RE: shadows on photos (3/19/2014 5:20:04 PM)

I WENT TO OFFICE DEPOT TODAY WHERE I BOUGHT THE HP 5510 PHOTOSMART PRINTER/SCANNER. THEY SAY ITS THE SCANNER THKA'S NOT ADJUSTED PROPERLY. I OPENED EVERY THING I COULD FIND AND THERE'S NO SETTING FOR THE AREA TO BE SCANNED THAT I CAN FIND. APPARENTLY THESE THINGS ARE THROW AWAY THESE DAYS. I MAY HAVE TO BUY A DIFFERENT ONE. I'LL LOOK FOR HP TECH HELP FIRST. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

ellengard -> RE: shadows on photos (3/19/2014 5:54:30 PM)

Did you get a disk with your scanner? The scanning program should be on it. When you install and run the scanning program, there will be scanning options letting you chose the resolution, type of scan (e.g. photo, text, magazine, etc.) and a preview pane so you can crop to the area you want scanned, rather than scanning the entire platen.

o.ray@mwt.net -> RE: shadows on photos (3/19/2014 7:32:04 PM)

I FINALLY FOUND IT------I'LL HAVE TO WORK ON IT TOMORROW THANKS!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4